GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 Intercooler and Carbonio Install

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I seem to remember both Mike@Forge and Arin@APR have both stated in the past that there is little to no measurable proof that their ICs cause and lag at all. Now I know that these are sales guys and you may not trust that but just wanted to put that out there. By the way both ICs have significantly more volume than an S3 IC.

JP

During K04 development we tried road tests with the factory intercooler and the APR intercooler. The APR intercooler provided faster boost response.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin, what does "less timing" mean? I always thought cooler air = lowered density = more air = more gas can be burned = more power

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The factory intercooler is not as good as the APR intercooler. Intake air temperature will be higher. When you have hotter intake air, then you'll have less ignition timing.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
I seem to remember both Mike@Forge and Arin@APR have both stated in the past that there is little to no measurable proof that their ICs cause and lag at all. Now I know that these are sales guys and you may not trust that but just wanted to put that out there. By the way both ICs have significantly more volume than an S3 IC.

JP

I have the twintercooler and there is no IC induced lag. I'm sure this is the case with APR's IC too. Both are quality products and you can't go wrong with either. I installed mine when the motor was stock and there was an immediate boost in performance. My butt dyno say about an extra 10 to 15 hp. Not huge but on a the stock motor noticable. The main thing with the IC is keeping intake temperatures low to maintain the power you have when it gets hot. We are expecting 96 on Friday so it will pay dividends!