GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI dsg vs 2010 Genesis

estepnie

Ready to race!
Is the Genesis 2.0 or 3.8?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
There's a reason they discontinued the 2.0T. :)

...and don't think the 3.8, with it's V6 is going to be THAT much quicker... Honestly, its a very underwhelming platform if you ask me.

I've looked at their numbers, and full bolt ons and tuned, they are at best a low 13 @ 105. But that's with a hugely extensive bolt on list...Tune, CAI, Lightweight Pulley, Headers, downpipe, exhaust, polished intake manifold and spacer, and a twin clutch (pulled from one of their posts) - that particular guy hit 13.3 @105.
Most of the guys on that list with just the basic bolt ons, I/E and tune, are high 13's @ 99-103.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^^ Don't forget injectors. Stock their injectors are at 95% capacity. They only have a dozen HP on the table.

That said, OP's race wasn't a race. The guy was standing still. The passenger chuckled. He'd have lost for sure, but he wasn't racing that pull.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
^^ Don't forget injectors. Stock their injectors are at 95% capacity. They only have a dozen HP on the table.

That said, OP's race wasn't a race. The guy was standing still. The passenger chuckled. He'd have lost for sure, but he wasn't racing that pull.

I know them, trust me he was trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I've looked at their numbers, and full bolt ons and tuned, they are at best a low 13 @ 105. But that's with a hugely extensive bolt on list...Tune, CAI, Lightweight Pulley, Headers, downpipe, exhaust, polished intake manifold and spacer, and a twin clutch (pulled from one of their posts) - that particular guy hit 13.3 @105.
Most of the guys on that list with just the basic bolt ons, I/E and tune, are high 13's @ 99-103.

At least they managed to shave over a full second off the stock time of 14.6ish. It'll just cost you a liver. :)

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

this ^

I know them, trust me he was trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man..... You still would have won yes, but he clearly isn't even trying... Unless you were starting from 150mph, that genesis would have jumped ahead a bit more then like 4 inches until you got on it..... lol... Hell he's not even gaining on the traffic ahead at all..... Were they all racing too?

But what do I know, I wasn't there...:rolleyes:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
slow piece of shit. i work on hyundais for a living. you will have no issue. most are automatic too.

How do you think a stage 1/stage 2 GTI with DSG would hold up against a 2013+ 3.8 r spec?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
How do you think a stage 1/stage 2 GTI with DSG would hold up against a 2013+ 3.8 r spec?

you'd get walked at stage 1

you'd be closer/maybe hang at stage 2

if you're fbo stage 2 you may be able to slightly edge or pull

anything above stage 2 and its not worth your gas. ;)

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
you'd get walked at stage 1

you'd be closer/maybe hang at stage 2

if you're fbo stage 2 you may be able to slightly edge or pull

anything above stage 2 and its not worth your gas. ;)

Just curious what cars you think Stage 2 can keep up with/beat? Some people say they hang with 5.0s/SS's and others say they get destroyed by stock WRX's from a roll.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Just curious what cars you think Stage 2 can keep up with/beat? Some people say they hang with 5.0s/SS's and others say they get destroyed by stock WRX's from a roll.

I've done a lot of real world testing with my car at all the different stages lol....

Im assuming these are all at Stage 2 FBO;

In my experience people that think they can walk/hang with 5.0 Coyote Stangs at Stage 2 are delusional unless they have some mad custom tune on E85 with meth... But even then, the stock IHI just can't flow enough to make the power needed to beat these cars. The coyote's are best left to k04 or above and trust me coyotes pull hard above 120mph where stage 2 completely dies.

At stage 2 you can take;
4.6 Stang no problem
Camaro SS's below the current gen you can hang with(ish) and maybe even pull slightly.
WRX's shouldn't be an issue long as they're stock, maybe even stage 1
370Z you can hang with or maybe slightly edge
350Z, no problem
Focus ST's (You can hang with door to door a Stage 3 Cobb ST)
Mazda Speed 3's
Porsche Boxters (older ones)
Genesis (any of the first gens, the second gen V6 is gonna be close)
BMW 328i's and below
BMW E46 M3

Basically anything that you can encounter on a normal day you should be able to have fun with. This is from my experience at FBO Stage 2. The average fully bolted Stage 2 car is putting out around 250-260whp.... key word "average." There are ones making more and ones making less im aware.

Last edited:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
That's a pretty good list of things to beat, but yeah I would never go full bolt ons on stage 2, the cost of maximizing the k03 is much more than upgrading to a f23t and getting at least 300-320whp with an intake/downpipe. But I should be running my friends 16 Genesis 3.8 R spec in the next few weeks as he gets used to driving the car.