GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
That air freshner double sided with the design? Damn i wish they had a sticker of that design.

Of course! It’s fresh and I got new car smell, you can choose your scent. Remember the added HP is the main win here.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

DELETE

Autocross Champion
All you need is a socket slightly larger than the lock and a hammer. Put the socket over the lock, hit it with one good wack of the hammer, then unloosen the socket like you normally would with a breaker bar. Takes less than 10 seconds. This is how professionals do it. Amateurs waste time with extractors.

You must not be a professional and neither am I but I know there’s some locks that have a round head with the pattern inside and will cause any regular socket to spin.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

You must not be a professional and neither am I but I know there’s some locks that have a round head with the pattern inside and will cause any regular socket to spin.

12 point that is slightly smaller hence the hammer to pound it on there. They are only torqued to less than 100 pounds. Hammering a socket on there will hold much more than that.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
12 point that is slightly smaller hence the hammer to pound it on there. They are only torqued to less than 100 pounds. Hammering a socket on there will hold much more than that.

I could make it happen but then ur socket is garbage lol. It’s all relevant but honestly what kind of jerkoff is actually stealing dudes’ wheels????

Jaber

Modero
I could make it happen but then ur socket is garbage lol. It’s all relevant but honestly what kind of jerkoff is actually stealing dudes’ wheels????

Wheel theft is a real big thing here in Chicago. They seem to target a lot of Honda's.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Oil change and checked two CEL codes. One being P0420 for the DP and second U102F (Fan Identification Sensor No Communication). Searched on here and seems to be a failed sensor on the radiator...but apparently 90% of the time it breaks when replacing sensor and its not even sold separately.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
All you need is a socket slightly larger than the lock and a hammer. Put the socket over the lock, hit it with one good wack of the hammer, then unloosen the socket like you normally would with a breaker bar. Takes less than 10 seconds. This is how professionals do it. Amateurs waste time with extractors.

Still needing to hammer sockets (makes noise) and takes longer to get off hopefully all creates a greater chance for a car to come down the street or someone or a dog to hear something and start barking and scare them off. Now obviously if it's some guy who's packing and ready to blast anyone trying to stop him these won't help. I still think the added complexity is worth it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Those round locks are useless garbage. The factory VW locks with the notches on the outside are at least reasonable quality, but I can't tell you how many times the lock disappears when I bring it in for new tires. I also swapped to regular bolts and never looked back. But I don't run crazy HRE wheels or anything either. If thieves want, they just tow your car away.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Got in most of my black friday orders. This weekend is gonna be a busy one!

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Readjusted my shift linkage cables. I don't think the dealer did a proper readjustment after they replaced my clutch, since the shifter was kinda clunky afterwards. It's much better now, but I think it could still use a little improvement. Next on my list: MT fluid change.

Also, the clutch petal is stiffer than before, but I don't think there's much I can do about that :\

zef

Drag Racing Champion

jedred1

jedred1
It has been consistently in the 45deg or less range so I installed the steelies with snow tires today. Torqued to 88lbs/ft. Marshmallow mushiness here I come