GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

An autumnal drive to celbrate 1 year of ownership

itsed65

Passed Driver's Ed
1st off, it should read "celebrate" not "celbrate", but I can't edit the title!

Hard to believe I have had my GTI for a year now. Thanks to a few thousand protesters in Oakland the other day, my office shut down and I had the day off. What better way to spend a georgeous day off than a drive to the beach, via San Francisco. It also gave me a chance to play with a new camera!

First off was a drive up wildcat canyon road which ends up on Grizzly Peak above Berkeley CA.

Seeing that it was a pretty clear day, I headed to the Presidio in San Francisco.

There is no way to park on a level ground down there

This fort dates back to the civil war.

After checking out the bridge and Alcatraz, it was time to head down the coast to Half Moon Bay for lunch.

After lunch I headed a bit further south to Pescadero State Beach, wehre I took the GTI when it was brand new for pictures. The seagull seemed impressed.

Being a weekday, I still had to beat rush hour traffic, plus its getting dark earlier and earlier. Everyone should try to drive the coast highway (CA1) at least once in their lives.

Finally it was over the Golden Gate and back to reality and work the next day...sigh. Do notice though, the temp on the 2nd of November!

It was fun while it lasted :cool:

espo22lax

Ready to race!
looks like a gorgeous day man. Jealous you're on the best coast and I'm stuck in NJ where we just had 6 inches of snow in october haha

djax1

Ready to race!
great way to celebrate the first year anniversary. the more i see the gti in that color, the more i wonder whether i should have explored other avenues aside from just white and black. it looks great man.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Damn, stole my idea to shoot at the Golden Gate. :)

Awesome.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful pics! I can't believe how clear it is. I've been to the SF area countless times and there is always some fog or marine layer at the coast. Nicely done :)

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
6888 miles in 1 year!? Go out more and enjoy the car :p

I was going to say the same thing I have only been back from my deployment for 3 weeks now and have drove 2500 miles :) did over 300 last night alone for a tunnel run down in London. Granted down there and back was 160 of those miles.

itsed65

Passed Driver's Ed
6888 miles in 1 year!? Go out more and enjoy the car :p

Hehe, well I love the car, but it is not my daily driver. I rack up commuter miles on my Tacoma. There is no joy in stop and go on I80 in the morning, no matter what I am driving, and I don't like to leave the GTI on the streets of downtown Oakland where I work!

When I do drive it, it is usually on pretty long drives, with a twisty destination in mind.

Beautiful pics. I like the ASAs, how deep is the lip on those? Are they the 18X8 et45?
The wheels are the same dimensions as the Detroits.

Mountain Song ftw.

:thumbup: It's a great song to crank on a great stereo. I have the Dynaudio helped along with some JL Audio stuff and it rocks!

I was going to say the same thing I have only been back from my deployment for 3 weeks now and have drove 2500 miles did over 300 last night alone for a tunnel run down in London. Granted down there and back was 160 of those miles.

Well my days of deploying over thank goodness (21 years, retired AF).:D
I am going to take the car down to LA during the next long weekend, and will hit some of the Malibu canyons with it, where I used to ride on 2 wheels.

The day after these pictures were taken, the weather turned, and it looks like the rain is coming, so I am glad I took it out when I did. Thanks for all the compliments guys. I love this car :thumbup: