GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Bender

pessner21

OK so I rear ended a truck today going maybe 5mph. The front grille and emblem are cracked so I'm going to have to replace those. The hood has a tiny dent and is a little bowed, but it stays closed so I'm not too worried about that at this point. Where one of the headlights mounts to the car the plastic cracked. It looks like it has other mount spots that are intact but it wiggles around a little. I attached pictures below. Does this look ok?

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 161

Draz

Ready to race!
You either have to get those plastic welded, or better yet, replace the headlight.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
No, your 2011 car does not look o.k. You're going to report the accident, get the car inspected and repaired by your insurance carrier I'm thinking...

OmgitsSexyChase

Passed Driver's Ed
No, your 2011 car does not look o.k. You're going to report the accident, get the car inspected and repaired by your insurance carrier I'm thinking...
Ehhh I'd keep it off your insurance, its just plastic, just repair yourself

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
If you can live with the dents then it's ok. Fix the headlight and call it a learning experience.

If the guy you hit isn't reporting it I'd leave it alone and fix out of pocket.

Insurance is EXPENSIVE!

jeffs3820

The headlight should be replaced. When you turn it on it it's current state is the damaged headlight still aligned correctly? We had something similar years ago and the headlight was pointed low due to a bent metal plate behind the headlight. Had to get the metalwork fixed before replacing the headlamp. It couldn't hurt to get an estimate on the damage (without insurance at this point) to get a clear understanding of the extent of the damage. Once you have a clear understanding of the damage then you can decide insurance or no insurance.

pessner21

I'm taking it to get looked at tomorrow. Not going to go through the insurance. My plan for now is to fix the grille, possibly the hood depending how much it costs. The light seems sturdy enough that if I epoxy the cracks I think it will be fine. Long term I'm going to replace it but I don't have the money for it now. The headlight works fine, and I haven't noticed the alignment being off.

That's the plan for now unless the shop I'm taking it to tells me it's worse than what I can see.