GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI 35 Edition

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Just spoke to my dealer again in Brookvale Sydney. BT and MDI are standard features. You do not have to pay for them as all the ED35 at MY12 vehicles.

I also took a look on redbook and they list BT as standard - click here http://bit.ly/pBhXsE .

I bought CW - Sunroof - Leather - Nav - DSG.

Thats the best indication of the equipment included in the car that I've seen so far. I think the whole promotion and sale of these cars has been very poor by VW. I have spoken to many dealers in the past month or so and they were all very uncertain and uninformed. They had no supporting documentation as to the exact specs of the car and many were totally unaware of it's existence and it's limited supply. I noted that VW were happy to bask in the adverts that appeared in motoring magazines and the exposure afforded by the internet but actual knowledge by sales staff has left much to be desired. I really hope that the expected joy of driving and owning the car will save this experience from souring my high opinion of it's products that I have harbored for many years.

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Just spoke to my dealer again in Brookvale Sydney. BT and MDI are standard features. You do not have to pay for them as all the ED35 at MY12 vehicles.

I also took a look on redbook and they list BT as standard - click here http://bit.ly/pBhXsE .

I bought CW - Sunroof - Leather - Nav - DSG.

Firstly - rub it in why don't ya?? :) haha - nice options - you got the lot! I literally got the last one in the state and as already covered my dealer wasn't going to jump through many hoops to help me out - I took what I could get and I am seriously nervous about driving an actual manual for the first time in about 20 years!
Secondly - great news about the standard features (as they should be!) that just saved me $1000 off the purchase price. Now to make sure they don't charge me for them anyway...

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats the best indication of the equipment included in the car that I've seen so far. I think the whole promotion and sale of these cars has been very poor by VW. I have spoken to many dealers in the past month or so and they were all very uncertain and uninformed. They had no supporting documentation as to the exact specs of the car and many were totally unaware of it's existence and it's limited supply. I noted that VW were happy to bask in the adverts that appeared in motoring magazines and the exposure afforded by the internet but actual knowledge by sales staff has left much to be desired. I really hope that the expected joy of driving and owning the car will save this experience from souring my high opinion of it's products that I have harbored for many years.

Very well said Matt - you were able to say what I was trying to say without the frustration. Really terrible indication of product knowledge when they have us telling them about what we know to be available.

Duster

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealer experience has been sub par also. Though i don't think it's all their fault that they dont have the info. Fingers crossed we are put out of our misery sooooooon.

aussie_FSI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
My dealer has no idea either. End of this month or beginning of next is what I've been told :(

MarioD

Mario I'm here in WA - my dealership is in Mandurah and they advised me last week that it will be arriving this week...but I don't know for sure. Who is your dealer?

hey, that's what I was told originally as well. My dealership is in Osborne Park but I called them up on Monday and was told that the cars were in compliance in Melbourne and that they were waiting on the cars to be complianced and then shipped. Was told that it would take up to two weeks all up, might go pay them a visit today to see whats going on.

SCB

Golf GTI 35 delivery

My Dealer (Perth) has just informed me the release date in OZ is 1/10/2011
They are hoping to have my car (Red GTI-35 DSG) in Perth by 26/9/2011 with delivery first or second week in October. It seems all the cars must have gone to Melbourne for compliance. I suppose, at least, delivery is not taking quite as long as a factory order.

aussie_FSI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
My Dealer (Perth) has just informed me the release date in OZ is 1/10/2011
They are hoping to have my car (Red GTI-35 DSG) in Perth by 26/9/2011 with delivery first or second week in October. It seems all the cars must have gone to Melbourne for compliance. I suppose, at least, delivery is not taking quite as long as a factory order.

This is pretty much what I've been told too.

Looks like delivery will be next month

Duster

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a call from my dealer today saying that my car was being delivered to them this Friday! I was planning to go there for a valuation on my current GTI anyway so I'll definitely be giving the ED35 a thorough going over while I'm there and hopefully take some pics too.

Luckily for me I'm trading my MKV on the ED35 so I don't have the stress of a private sale. I guess that's the beauty of the GTI resale, it gives you a certain amount of confidence come end of lease/trade time. As far as options go, I'll have a look at the list and prices on Friday too and see what appeals.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if your dealer came good and your car has been delivered to them today?

Keen to hear your thought on the car if you manage to get near it.

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Well I'll plead guilty to one charge of idiotically believing a car salesman and announcing it on a car forum!! As some of you probably guessed, the car was not there when I went for valuation today.

I ended up expressing my disappointment to the sales manager who apologised on behalf of one of his junior employees. He wasn't sure where the kid got his info from and said he didn't have an exact date for delivery. He did conform the car was listed as landed (in country) and that if it wasn't sitting on a dock in Port Kembla then it was more likely in a holding yard somewhere awaiting transportation to them. He emailed the stock controller while I was with him and promised to call me as soon as he heard back. Not impressed!

@Golda, I also got a crap valuation (another case of foot in mouth!!) so carsales.com for me too! For anyone who knows of a potential buyer for a silver 08 MKV GTI with DSG, check out the for sale thread.

Will keep you all posted if I hear anything else.

Matt