GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which is the best car wax

TewFoxy

Ready to race!
That's my exact base combo. Pete's 53 looks stunning but, it does not last any longer than 1.5 months. You really need to use sealant before throwing on Pete's.

I had a sealant...the CG Blacklight first then Hybrid V7 (sealant) then Pete's 53. I did it right...just now the wait to see how long it'll hold up. I'll wax again in August to prep for Fall then again in December...I always do every 4 months.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I had a sealant...the CG Blacklight first then Hybrid V7 (sealant) then Pete's 53. I did it right...just now the wait to see how long it'll hold up. I'll wax again in August to prep for Fall then again in December...I always do every 4 months.

CG BlackLight is not a true sealant its a great AIO but, primarily a glaze.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
Gave the GTI the first hand wax of the year. This evening im going to put the high gloss finish.

Ive said it before, and im going to say... Still super impessed with the AUTOGLYM HD Wax. IMHO, only wax that lasts.

TewFoxy

Ready to race!
CG BlackLight is not a true sealant its a great AIO but, primarily a glaze.

Once again...it seems you aren't reading my posting correctly. I know Blacklight is an AIO, but I said Hybrid V07 was applied afterward to seal it in because it is a spray sealant (which is what CG recommends). Believe me I know the difference between AIOs, carnauba waxes, glazes, and sealants.

For the one who has started the thread....Chemical Guys products are easier to apply (not sure yet on their longevity) than Zaino, but Zaino would last for at least 6 months (even though it took at least 4 hours to do a complete detail). Best products I've found so far!

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
I've been using Blackfire Wet Diamond for a sealant and Poorboy's Natty's Blue and been pleased with the results.

Boomers

Ready to race!
Gave the GTI the first hand wax of the year. This evening im going to put the high gloss finish.

Ive said it before, and im going to say... Still super impessed with the AUTOGLYM HD Wax. IMHO, only wax that lasts.

I wasn't that impressed with the Autoglym, I did it last week and I find it "splotchy" (if that's a word) in certain light. I can't say for sure it's the wax that gave that effect but i'm not sure what else it could be. My car is black and maybe that's part of the difference, I saw your thread on your car and it looks great.
I'm going to keep the Autoglym for the wifes car (it's pearl white) and i'll try something else on mine.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
I wasn't that impressed with the Autoglym, I did it last week and I find it "splotchy" (if that's a word) in certain light. I can't say for sure it's the wax that gave that effect but i'm not sure what else it could be. My car is black and maybe that's part of the difference, I saw your thread on your car and it looks great.
I'm going to keep the Autoglym for the wifes car (it's pearl white) and i'll try something else on mine.

+1. I gave Autoglym a try during that big craze for the wax when it was on closeout sale everywhere and it was an average wax. Not terrible and probably one of the better OTC waxes, but was kind of meh once you get past OTC level.