GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR is pleased to present the ultimate Pendulum Mount Upgrade!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Any chance Arin can post the installation manual? Just want to make sure it is something that I, a not so handy guy, can manage.

By the way, I do have the BFI Stage 1 insert. Can I use that together with this?

Thanks.

Remove the 3 bolts holding the OEM mount into place.

Slide out the old, slide in the new.

Install the 3 new ARP bolts and you're done.

:D

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
How is this any different or better than any other pendulum bracket out there?

Ours is different in several ways.

The first thing we did was upgrade the rear mounting point to the MK7 style mount. It's the shorter chunk on the back of the mount:

This is the same design used on the MK7 Golf R. VAG upgraded to this design as the previous design was prone to failure. Every other mount out there uses the OEM style in one way or another. Most just replace it with a flat piece of billet. The issue is when launching the car or driving really hard, it's easy to rip the bolts out and damage or destroy the transmission case. We did it countless times on the race cars. The new design all but eliminates this from happening.

Second, most everything on the market uses some sort of poly bushing. Poly bushings still allow flex and they can wear quickly. We went with a high quality PTFE lines spherical bearing. Spherical bearings create a solid connection but still allow the necessary movement which stiffens the mount up far more than a poly bushing. The bearing is fully serviceable. Do note, the reason you can't just install a solid piece of billet is there must be movement. A spherical bearing give you that smooth movement, whereas the factory and upgraded poly mounts provide the movement by essentially bending and squishing the connection points within the rubber/poly core.

Third, we're using ARP bolts, the leading bolt manufacturer in the racing world. (Not APR). The factory bolts are one time use. If you remove them, they are designed to go in the trash. Some don't provide replacement the bolts at all. they are strong and can be used countless times without replacement.

Fourth, we include instructions. Most don't take the time to do this. We do, and we're here on the phones should you have a question.

Fifth, we have over 400 dealers worldwide who are more than capable of doing the install for you.

Sixth, something not right? We're only a phone call, email, or click away. :)

mark986

Ready to race!
Got suckered into ordering one since I haven't bought anything APR in awhile. We shall see if it was a good buy :paddle:

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
wonder how this compares to 034 billet? arin?

Interested in this as well as I had the 034 Billet and the vibes were crazy.

mark986

Ready to race!
Anyone install there's yet? I'll have mine installed Friday. Curious on people's opinions.

pashley

Ready to race!
Got suckered into ordering one since I haven't bought anything APR in awhile. We shall see if it was a good buy :paddle:

Looking forward to some reviews. Anyone?

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Very excited about this - just ordered mine. I've torn those rear bolts out of the transmission casing 3 times now, once while pretty far from home.

I have the HPA red puck - so I'm anxious to see how bad the vibrations are ... but will know next weekend!