GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheels!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
The detroit 18"s look great, what are people using to clean them?? Anything to give it a slippery surface to avoid brake dust build up at all?

IPlaGOLF

You should use WHEEL WAX. It will delay any build up of dust and keep the wheels shinny for a long time. Be careful not to use any cleaner that is not specifically made to clean clearcoat wheels. the cleaner can ruin the wheels, at worst, or leave a nasty film, at best.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, I will have to look for some. The dealer put something on it because they bead off the water now, but I'll look for the wheel wax

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
p21s is great stuff for cleaning wheels. Ain't cheap, but it's good. Go for the gel, it works pretty well

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
p21s is great stuff for cleaning wheels. Ain't cheap, but it's good. Go for the gel, it works pretty well

P21S is good stuff, but holy smokes it's expensive, haha. :laugh: CWC works as good and is cheaper, so that's why I go with it. I have a friend who uses P21S stuff on his E46 though, swears by it.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
If you're cleaning your wheels often you can skip the P21S - normal car wash solution should be fine. If they've got a few months of grime and brake dust on them, pull out the wheel washing solution and a clay bar!