GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What error free license plate bulbs do you have?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I bought LED lights to replace my license plate lights with and the first set I bought on Amazon gave me a bulb out error. I returned those and then bought another set that "guranteed to be error free". Just like the others, they give a bulb out error on the dash. What LED license plate bulbs do you guys have that won't give me an error? I really don't want to spend $40 on bulbs from deAuto because I would lose my mind spending $40 for 2 10 cent bulbs.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I found that with everything in life you get what you pay for. The lights are error free and have a lifetime warranty. I have a set of lights I need to send in now that I think about it. Ive actually been using their 194 City LED bulbs in my license plate lights for a few months but I probably wouldn't recommend doing that. A little on the dim side.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2X-18-SMD-LE...006590?hash=item4b2d81773e:g:nz0AAOSwiONYN7zl

I've had the DeAutokey one, the Racing Dash ones, and none of them have lasted more than a year and a half or so. These things just seem to burn out for some reason.
I currently have the eBay ones and they have lasted as long or longer then the premium brands. I have many other DeAutokey bulbs in my car and they have all been fine, there just seems to be something about the license plate lights that they burn out no matter what the brand, at least on my car anyway.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Oem from the dealer, had mine now for 6+ years. Turn off cold start diagnostics for license plate lighting in vcds.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Had some ones from amazon on my MK5 and they worked perfectly for 2.5 years. I don't blame you on not wanting to spend $40 on bulbs, its ridiculous.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Another vote for DeAuto (but mine have only been on for a month so I can’t speak to longevity)

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I have deauto, damn they are pricey. But error free and great output. However one of mine has appeared to have quit working which I'm going to check up on, might just need to be reseated (wasn't the smoothest install).

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Oem from the dealer, had mine now for 6+ years. Turn off cold start diagnostics for license plate lighting in vcds.

I also use the OEM licence plate LED’s, turning off the cold diagnostics only works for late 2011 onwards I think though! If you can’t turn the diagnostics off an in-line resistor is available from various outlets but I got mine from Ebay which has OEM plugs on it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flamingti27

Ready to race!

Got some just like these from amazon, they also do not throw a code and are bright as shit

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
I bought LED lights to replace my license plate lights with and the first set I bought on Amazon gave me a bulb out error. I returned those and then bought another set that "guranteed to be error free". Just like the others, they give a bulb out error on the dash. What LED license plate bulbs do you guys have that won't give me an error? I really don't want to spend $40 on bulbs from deAuto because I would lose my mind spending $40 for 2 10 cent bulbs.
Rocking DeAutoKey. I have had their interior set since I bought my 13 GTI almost 4.5 years ago and they still going strong. All exterior is them as well with no issues over the years.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the suggestions - if you ever have an issue you can return them for a new one for free.
-these are error free but most importantly the resistors don't get any hotter than a regular bulb meaning it WON'T melt your bumper
-These are clean white with on lines

Our interior Kit + license plates are popular - all plug and play / fade in/out like OEM and won't stay dimly lit:
http://deautokey.com/product/14pc-c...kit-error-free-fits-09-up-volkswagen-golf-mk6

or just license plates:
http://deautokey.com/product/2pcs-mk6-golf-gti-hyper-crisp-white-error-free-led-license-plate-kit

And we also have the less intense model:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-golf-gti-less-intense-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play

Video: