GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST Coilovers

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
lol I know that's what I thought when he acknowledged the issue also, but I try to give companies the benefit of the doubt, especially when I like other products by them. If they squeak I will just go on a road trip and shove them up his ass :lol:

I think I am going to skip the anti lift for the moment and get the Tyrolsport deadest kit. I think their design looks better even though they cost a little more.

This is getting expensive quick so im going to take a step back on going ape shit buying things for a bit. I will look into H&R swaybars. Thanks again for all of the advice and suggestions.

Totally your call on the mounts

TyrolSport was the originator of the deadset kit and they have a good product, IMO
Don't forget the new OEM bolts though!!!

I'd do the suspension & the deadset kit and that should transform the car for now. If you "need" more later on...add a rear sway bar (no alignment needed), and if you feel you still need more....then add a FSB later on

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
lol I know that's what I thought when he acknowledged the issue also, but I try to give companies the benefit of the doubt, especially when I like other products by them. If they squeak I will just go on a road trip and shove them up his ass :lol:

I think I am going to skip the anti lift for the moment and get the Tyrolsport deadest kit. I think their design looks better even though they cost a little more.

This is getting expensive quick so im going to take a step back on going ape shit buying things for a bit. I will look into H&R swaybars. Thanks again for all of the advice and suggestions.
everything starts to add up fast...
Youre like okay heres $60...
and this is only $180
and this is on sale for $699? alright
wow turbo kits for just $3499? Oh thats starting oh a upgrade is only $199.99? oh but the one i want is $499 upgrade... hmm

Grand total in cart $9869.45

hmmm... (adds cart to wishlist).. ill come back to that

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
Totally your call on the mounts

TyrolSport was the originator of the deadset kit and they have a good product, IMO
Don't forget the new OEM bolts though!!!

I'd do the suspension & the deadset kit and that should transform the car for now. If you "need" more later on...add a rear sway bar (no alignment needed), and if you feel you still need more....then add a FSB later on

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

I agree, what I have done and plan on doing this phase is more than enough. I am going to skip the anti lift and do the dead set front and rear. Just replacing the mounts over the weekend its totally different so I cant wait until the coil overs get in to see that transformation. Everyones advice and suggestions have helped tremendously during this so, Thank You!

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
everything starts to add up fast...
Youre like okay heres $60...
and this is only $180
and this is on sale for $699? alright
wow turbo kits for just $3499? Oh thats starting oh a upgrade is only $199.99? oh but the one i want is $499 upgrade... hmm

Grand total in cart $9869.45

hmmm... (adds cart to wishlist).. ill come back to that

This about sums it up :lol::lol: Ive spent so much on this damn car the last few months its not even funny. It started with a water pump back in December. Then my oil consumption turned into no compression on 2&3, so a rebuild was in order. While it was out the turbo was shot, KO4 upgrade. Add in a catch can and cat back, R8 coils, custom tune. Now comes the suspension upgrade. I havnt even owned the car a year yet :lol: It is a blast to drive now compared to what it was when I got it. I love the fact that its a sleeper and hurts some peoples feelings sometimes. Ive gotten more entertainment from that the last few months than anything else. This forum has helped me so much and is my go to place when I have a question.