GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Altima Coupe SR

emayerc

Has anyone raced one of this? Its actually good looking and I think it performs well too. Is the 60hp difference enough to walk away from a stock GTI?

gkallis

Ready to race!
holaaaa hombre!

gkallis

Ready to race!
Anything thats not german will not have the beautiful interior for our price unless u sacrifice your performance or something but its still iffy

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
They are pretty similar to a GTI performance-wise OP: 0-60 of 5.5 and a 1/4 time of 14.6. Off the line it seems it would probably edge out the GTI, but from there, or from a roll it would likely be a driver's race.

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
I don't know the specs off-hand, but I'd bet the SE-R is heavier and that will offset the HP advantage to some degree. Last road test I read of the SE-R, it was a fun sporty car in a general sense, but handling wasn't it's shining point. In the twisties I'd vote GTI. On the straights, I'd say it'll be a tossup.

LOL@the dashstrokers. I don't think the nicer interior has much to do with which one is a better performer. ;)

P.S. - In regards to build quality, I'd put my money on the Nissan for being cheaper to own in the long run and lasting longer without major repairs. Just a hunch.

Edit:

Nissan SR curb weight: 3357 lbs.
2011 GTI: 3,034 lbs. (2DR) 3,113 lbs.(4DR)

Last edited:

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
hahaha penrose... youre so funny man...stupid fuck

Yeah....bad post. I deleted it (I had too many Coronas last night)

But seriously, you don't have a GTI, nor have you indicated that you're even considering getting one. You own an Altima....and you're talking about how good looking Altimas are....and how they should walk a GTI..........

If you're looking for someone here to jump in and say, "Yeah, Altimas ARE the shit...and they sure would spank a GTI!" I don't think thats going to happen here. If you want to hear that, go to your Altima forum. The Altima (V6) is in the same price range as the GTI so, if anyone here thought that the Altima was "better".....they would have bought one.

With all that said, I owned a 2004 Maxima and it was a really nice car and I didn't have any problems with it really. Gas milage sucked, but the VQ's are strong, and stock-for-stock I would probably give a slight edge to the Nissan power wise (you happy now).

emayerc

ok... you might have a point... guess what? i do like better the GTI... and i am planning you buy one in December... my Altima is not the coupe... is the 2005 SE-R... i also like the coupe... but i like even more the GTI... and will own one very soon...