GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 GTI DE DSG vs. '15 WRX 6MT

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Yup, new Gen Wrx is a monster. Interior is also top notch. Now if they can up the fuel mileage a bit more, it'd be perfect...

MPG won't happen with a full-time AWD setup. That said, I still want to get a 2015 WRX STI. Unfortunately, I need another three or four months exercising my left knee to see if it will hold up or not.:(

07STitoR

Ready to race!
MPG won't happen with a full-time AWD setup. That said, I still want to get a 2015 WRX STI. Unfortunately, I need another three or four months exercising my left knee to see if it will hold up or not.:(

Oh man I remember first time hoping back in my STI after a month in the golf I heard my knee crack but it had a stage 1 clutch so it was a bit heavier. :lol:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
My stage 3 2012 was quick, but the out of the box handling was terrible, as well as the brakes which I had to bleed 3 times WITH installing a set of Goodrich phantom lines before I could get decent pedal feel. The seats had no lumbar support, so the car was very uncomfortable with someone with lower back arthritis. Wouldn't care to revisit that car... now my Evo X? Different story. Cheap interior still, but seats were SOOOO comfortable and nothing needed any work... I still put plenty of go fast mods on it though :D

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Which would be what exactly? The fact that you cannot defeat the stability control fully on pre-2012 models, or the fact that we don't get headlight washers with our HID equipped cars, or auto-headlights... or folding down mirrors, reverse cams, puddle lights... etc. Most of those are standard on the new WRX/STis

And the interior argument?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2015/r-z-0-9/2015-Subaru-WRX-Interior-1-2560x1600.jpg

dead horse.

These things are standard on the SE and autobahn trims of the MkVII GTI though. Also the autobahn finally gets climatronic HVAC controls.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
I pulled on a '15 WRX a little while back. I could hear him trying to lol. I've only got some bolt ones right now.

I have a buddy who just got the new Rex with an automatic transmission. I just went to a stage two on my gti, so I wonder how it will end up. I'll keep you posted if we have a chance to race.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I have a buddy who just got the new Rex with an automatic transmission. I just went to a stage two on my gti, so I wonder how it will end up. I'll keep you posted if we have a chance to race.

as long as you don't dig race, you'll do alright.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
dat awd launch is hard doe

Think so even with the automatic CVT? I hear 5.8 is the best it can do to sixty, and my car definitely has more power on the ground (higher output, period...and on top of that I have less power train loss fwd vs awd). I think it would be close from a dig too, with good tires. On the highway I'll spank him all day. 280hp and 310lbft will sort a new wrx on the highway for sure.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Think so even with the automatic CVT? I hear 5.8 is the best it can do to sixty, and my car definitely has more power on the ground (higher output, period...and on top of that I have less power train loss fwd vs awd). I think it would be close from a dig too, with good tires. On the highway I'll spank him all day. 280hp and 310lbft will sort a new wrx on the highway for sure.

With your numbers, you should win from a dig or roll vs a CVT. Honestly, I'd think having the CVT would limit the WRX from either scenario - unless its equipped with launch control. If it were a 6MT, you'd have a better race on your hands - a person that knows how to properly launch an AWD car is someone to be respected. :)

Last edited:

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
With your numbers, you should win from a dig or roll vs a CVT. Honestly, I'd think having the CVT would limit the WRX from either scenario - unless its equipped with launch control. If it were a 6MT, you'd have a better race on your hands - a person that knows how to properly launch an AWD car is someone to be respected. :)

Yeah. The 6speed would more than likely walk off the line (if they are willing to aggressively launch the car). All the posted 0-60 and 1/4 miles include a very aggressive launch. Most people don't know how, let alone willing to attempt it. I think they have some sort of launch system, but I hear there is a delay in the throttle due to the cvt. can't wait to see him this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Yeah. The 6speed would more than likely walk off the line (if they are willing to aggressively launch the car). All the posted 0-60 and 1/4 miles include a very aggressive launch. Most people don't know how, let alone willing to attempt it. I think they have some sort of launch system, but I hear there is a delay in the throttle due to the cvt. can't wait to see him this weekend!

Good luck, be safe, and let us know what happens! :)

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck, be safe, and let us know what happens! :)

Yeah safe as always. I sure do miss the farm roads in Idaho for this stuff. Lol. Got a long straight deep in wine country. Dead end, no homes. It is awesome.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Well it was close. From a dig he had me by a car length to 40 (awd...duh). Rolling from any speed over 30 I took him by at least one car length at 100. Consensus, gti dsg>wrx cvt.