GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sluggishness

tsmack

Ready to race!
Have you unhooked the battery in the timeframe of the change? I recall some saying that some tunes had to be redone if battery was unhooked.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Interesting, I did Unhook the battery upon changing the DV. that could be the issue right there. Ill do some research to see what i can dig up. Thanks for the newfound info.

Have you unhooked the battery in the timeframe of the change? I recall some saying that some tunes had to be redone if battery was unhooked.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

That's a false assumption. The tune file is saved into the ECU so the only way to erase it is to literally override or delete it via OBD2 port connection.

tsmack

Ready to race!
That's a false assumption. The tune file is saved into the ECU so the only way to erase it is to literally override or delete it via OBD2 port connection.

Again, from my research there is evidence of this happening. Maybe people are full of BS. I believe it is the Revo tunes that sometimes need to be reset with their SPS or a tuner after an ECU reset such as battery disconnect. I remember reading about it on several occasions while doing some research on who I wanted to go with. Basically the tune is still on the ECU but has to be activated if you will. Not saying this is what happened for OP, but possible and maybe a tuner to start with.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
tsmack is actually correct, I was reading that with the REVO flash if the battery is disconnected for more than 30 minutes the ECU reverts to slot 1 which is the stock file. This is an issue on the early 2.0T motors from what i have been able to find.

I have contacted REVO but being Sunday they are closed. I will get back to you guys once I hear from them hopefully tom.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Again, from my research there is evidence of this happening. Maybe people are full of BS. I believe it is the Revo tunes that sometimes need to be reset with their SPS or a tuner after an ECU reset such as battery disconnect. I remember reading about it on several occasions while doing some research on who I wanted to go with. Basically the tune is still on the ECU but has to be activated if you will. Not saying this is what happened for OP, but possible and maybe a tuner to start with.

I currently have Revo 2 on my car. Before that, I was on stage 1 Revo. I've had the car battery off for hours during my car audio install and nothing changed once it was reconnected.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Thanks GIACUser, however I typically leave for work in the morning around 6 a.m so the temps are still rather cool. There is some humidity in the air so that could also be a cause. I will wait a month or so until winter is approaching to see if that makes any difference.

Then I have bad news for you.... it happens to each of us... you are accustomed to the power and you need more now. What seems blazing fast when you first acquire it very quickly becomes so-so and no longer generates the same amount of adrenalin.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Haha.. If that is the case I have contacted REVO and ARP to see if the car has been previously tuned. If thats not the case its off to ARP for a stage 1 tune. Anybody have any idea when they have the summer specials running from? Id like to have the Stage 1 with the program switching modes as ill probably get the other programs.

Any suggestions...

Then I have bad news for you.... it happens to each of us... you are accustomed to the power and you need more now. What seems blazing fast when you first acquire it very quickly becomes so-so and no longer generates the same amount of adrenalin.

TheAire

Passed Driver's Ed
Humidity plays a big factor on how the car runs. I'm betting that's one of the reasons why it feels sluggish.

My Moneys on this too. I have a 2011 as well and on humid days the boost is all there according to my AWE Boost Gauge but I just don't feel the pull.

Also I've noticed if I go for fuel other than Shell or BP (My car runs best on these). e.g. Hess or something like that it feels slower. Call me crazy but it does.

Just my 2 cents

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Weather (temp, humidity, etc) plays a big role on how a car performs along with the gasoline you put in. I try not to use Hess gasoline because it seems to burn too quickly and the car runs so-so with it.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Alright so I hate to keep bugging people on here but you've all been so helpful so here goes... I am still suffering from what i suspect to be a boost leak as the lag has only gotten worst recently. So I was under the car earlier today and found to my surprise oil around the DV Valve!! I'v been reading that this is a DV/PCV valve issue... any suggestions?

Thanks,