GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe advice with APR tune

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
The internet will have you believe aluminized exhaust will rot out in a couple years if you live in an area with snow.

:lol:

Science will prove that aluminized exhaust will rot out in a couple years if you live in an are with SALT.

Even some of the beloved brands people use on here have non stainless flanges and hangers on their stainless exhaust :GASP: and they will rust and eventually leak.

Its a proven fact that aluminized steel has 1/3 of the lifespan of stainless steel (depending on the grade of stainless)

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
That new liquid salt is some nasty stuff.. It was all big crunchy rust and the weave on the flex bellows is completely gone

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That new liquid salt is some nasty stuff.. It was all big crunchy rust and the weave on the flex bellows is completely gone

What companies DP is that?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
its a 42dd aluminized that they jet-hot coated. I replaced it with the CTS turboback

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
Rusted away. Not too much road salt down here where I live, but I do take my car up north occasionally to visit the parents. As I was looking at going to stage 2 in the near future, this is a helpful argument as to why I may need to take a hard look at the stainless options.