GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best aftermarket head unit??

quality_sound

hmm.......
I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that if you install, say, a Pioneer deck (that has built in blue-tooth) that if you disconnect the OEM blue-tooth module that the new deck will become linked to car's original mic/button hardware? Or are you speaking strictly of the MFD pages?

No, I'm saying that if you connect the steering wheel controls the voice command button on the steering wheel will become a pause/mute button. I WISH it would use the OEM BT. It's FAR better than any aftermarket BT I've used.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
No, I'm saying that if you connect the steering wheel controls the voice command button on the steering wheel will become a pause/mute button. I WISH it would use the OEM BT. It's FAR better than any aftermarket BT I've used.

Oh, I see what you're saying. It would be a lot more convenient for that button to change function on its own but I remember that until I changed the button to a mute button every time I accidentally hit the button it would just stop the audio and make that "speak now" voice, at which time I needed to press the button again to make the audio come back on. But, with that said, I didn't remove the blue-tooth module before changing the function of the button, so what you're saying no doubt works.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Oh, I see what you're saying. It would be a lot more convenient for that button to change function on its own but I remember that until I changed the button to a mute button every time I accidentally hit the button it would just stop the audio and make that "speak now" voice, at which time I needed to press the button again to make the audio come back on. But, with that said, I didn't remove the blue-tooth module before changing the function of the button, so what you're saying no doubt works.

Exactly. It ONLY makes the change if you disconnect the OEM BT module under the seat. You don't even have to remove it. Just pull it out (it's only held in place with velcro) and disconnect it. Then you can put it back in or pull it. The whole process takes about 30 seconds from start to finish. :w00t: