GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jaber's CW GTI DE & TR GLI

Jaber

Modero
Intake came in last Friday, installed it with the help of another forum member, Jay.

Love it.

I'll be looking into fixing the flute problem soon. But due to other obligations, the cars won't be getting anymore mods this year :( Going to be saving up my pennies for CTS TBE.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'll be looking into fixing the flute problem soon. But due to other obligations, the cars won't be getting anymore mods this year :( Going to be saving up my pennies for CTS TBE.

doing dv relocate or replacing the dv with a GFB dv+?

also w00t for cts tbe.. I was looking hard at that. What was the deciding factor for you?

Jaber

Modero
doing dv relocate or replacing the dv with a GFB dv+?

also w00t for cts tbe.. I was looking hard at that. What was the deciding factor for you?

Not sure yet... I have a ton of research to do. GFB DV+ seems easier, but think I read about some issues with them?

As fot CTS... Dat sound and quality. I'd like Unitronic TBE (Uni, if you read this, I can reprepsent Uni in Chicagoland area :thumbup:), but it's too pricey. I plan to keep this car for a while, so I'm in no rush, but hopefully have TBE within next year or two.

I stopped wrenching, since my Grand Am flooded (car was so easy to work on). This car, I thought would scare me wrenching #causegerman, but you guys give me confidence :thumbsup:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Not sure yet... I have a ton of research to do. GFB DV+ seems easier, but think I read about some issues with them?

As fot CTS... Dat sound and quality. I'd like Unitronic TBE (Uni, if you read this, I can reprepsent Uni in Chicagoland area :thumbup:), but it's too pricey. I plan to keep this car for a while, so I'm in no rush, but hopefully have TBE within next year or two.

I stopped wrenching, since my Grand Am flooded (car was so easy to work on). This car, I thought would scare me wrenching #causegerman, but you guys give me confidence :thumbsup:

I think it was the earlier models that had issues the newer gfbdv+ have an upgraded spring that supposedly solved any issues. easy install too (I think)

yeah man, doing your own work at home is much more satisfying in the end. Plus theres plenty of folks willing to help.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

B&B ;)

Jaber

Modero
Adding to GLI.

Ordered Dr. Colorchip to fix 2 decent sized rock chips and small ones, on the hood. Worked great and was easy. Although I didn't do the thumb thing, I just used the brush. Need to go over one of the bigger rock chips for a 2nd coat. But from standing distance, you can barely see them, unless you're actively looking for the chips. Some cell phone pics.

Before Chip 1:

Before Chip 2:

After Dr.Colorchip:

After Dr.Colorchip on smaller chips:

Jaber

Modero
Installed GFB DV+ last Friday, loving it so far. Install was easy and moddedeuro's shipped quick.

Flute sound is gone and car feels like it pulls harder. Overall, think made right choice. DV Relocation is still on the list to-do, but possibly get pushed back. As I'd like to get a boost gauge next.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Installed GFB DV+ last Friday, loving it so far. Install was easy and moddedeuro's shipped quick.

Flute sound is gone and car feels like it pulls harder. Overall, think made right choice. DV Relocation is still on the list to-do, but possibly get pushed back. As I'd like to get a boost gauge next.

but where did you put the free modded euros sticker?

Jaber

Modero
but where did you put the free modded euros sticker?

Don't remember if I saw it in the box lol. Or if it was, it went to garbage with the box. I was more interested in the product :)

I did try to use the GFB sticker, but it must of gotten screwed up with the humidity, cause it wouldn't come off the back piece, so in the garbage it went :( Was going to put it on my toolbox.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
GLI may have to hit the dyno next time :)