GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #1065
jeez
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_MK6 View Post
I had the 0606 code as well one time but it was corrected by Alex. He changed something with the maf. Scaled it the wrong way or something. Haven't had it since.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The issue I had when at part throttle with WGDC at about 35% or more, with truly steady throttle, I had boost fluctuations which shouldn't be there, like getting on and off the throttle on my own, only I wasn't. Not sure if that has to do with the MAF. But it's since been fixed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | AWE S3 IC | Neuspeed Throttle Pipe | AWE TOP | Fluidampr Pulley | OZ Leggera HLTs | DSG DG Springs | Conti DWS 06s | GFB DV+

Last edited by jeez; 10-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #1066
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeez View Post
The issue I had when at part throttle with WGDC at about 35% or more, with truly steady throttle, I had boost fluctuations which shouldn't be there, like getting on and off the throttle on my own, only I wasn't. Not sure if that has to do with the MAF.

That's similar to what I told my tuner. I'm pretty sure it's wastegate related. There is a hesitation and then boost release and then the car accelerates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock-GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #1067
SC_MK6
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 csg gti autobahn
If you didn't experience that on a previous iteration then ask Alex about it. Could very well be something simple that he can correct.

SC_MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #1068
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

I'm on the first iteration lol. Running a aftermarket WGA though. Alex isn't my assigned tuner, but I'll probably still pm him since he seems to be in charge of all the other tuners.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #1069
SC_MK6
Oval Newbie

That's when it happened to me. 1st or 2nd iteration. They'll correct it. I'm also using a forge wga, set to 3mm preload.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #1070
11gti718
Oval Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
i was getting that code during one of the iterations. It’s abit scary when you’re on the highway and the car just goes into limp mode. Lets see if this lastest one doesnt do it. Only happened twice.
11gti718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #1071
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
The ECU in these cars are very picky I should say. Most cars would set a limit on max boost beyond which they will cut. Say 23 psi. The VW ECU however watches the target boost all the time and compares to actual. That means that say at part throttle there is a target of 2psi. If you exceed that target by a certain amount for a certain number of seconds it can throw the overboost code.

I am able to correct this issue but it can take a bit more time as it can pop up in unexpected areas of the operating range of the engine - not just WOT or under load.

The other code that can pop up is P0606. This if you look at it with VAGCOM is most likely going to report P1335. The most likely scenario for this code on most cars is going to be an incorrect mass air calculation. We have ironed the tuning side out - so look there first for any leaks or if you have an odd intake that an throw the MAF reading off.

As always we work with you guys to address any issues on the calibration side and/or guide you to where to look for issues if they are hardware related.
Alex@Stratified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #1072
Stock-GTI
Drag Race Newbie

I wondering when you were gonna comment. Always glad to read your input Alex. Does the integrated engineering intake through MAF readings off? I've had my shop check for leaks multiple times. Could it be the forge Wastegate?

Old 10-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #1073
jeez
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG SBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-GTI View Post
I wondering when you were gonna comment. Always glad to read your input Alex. Does the integrated engineering intake through MAF readings off? I've had my shop check for leaks multiple times. Could it be the forge Wastegate?

I have the APR Carbonio and the DV+. I don't think the brand or type of hardware matters. Only thing, if there's a leak.

Alex will come through I'm sure.

2011 Mk6 GTI DSG SBM Autobahn | HPA K04 | Stratified K04 Protune (Member #1) | APR S1 Carbonio Intake| APR K04 DSG Tune | Forge K04 WGA | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | AWE S3 IC | Neuspeed Throttle Pipe | AWE TOP | Fluidampr Pulley | OZ Leggera HLTs | DSG DG Springs | Conti DWS 06s | GFB DV+
jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #1074
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:

My IE intake has been working great for me.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #1075
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:

The Forge WG is the most likely culprit here as it will allow the turbo to make more boost with the same wastegate duty cycle from the N75 valve at all operating points.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #1076
SC_MK6
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Stratified View Post
The Forge WG is the most likely culprit here as it will allow the turbo to make more boost with the same wastegate duty cycle from the N75 valve at all operating points.
So what would be the corrective action for those with the forge wastegate actuator? Do we need to do some adjusting on the actuator or can yall correct this in the tune?

Old 10-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #1077
nagokart
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn
I just flashed an updated tune and for some reason I cannot get the launch control to work at all. I chose the rev limit on the AP and turned off traction control.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #1078
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_MK6 View Post
So what would be the corrective action for those with the forge wastegate actuator? Do we need to do some adjusting on the actuator or can yall correct this in the tune?

This will need to be adjusted in the tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagokart View Post
I just flashed an updated tune and for some reason I cannot get the launch control to work at all. I chose the rev limit on the AP and turned off traction control.
Email us as a reply to the email containing your tune please.