GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 01-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
Stage 2 MK6 vs Colbalt SS *VID*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOPjj7JGnS4
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"

Last edited by ChippedGTI; 01-31-2011 at 09:42 PM.
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Red2011GTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI - TR Stage II+
Nice. The SS seems to run out of steam based on the video. Impressive that you beat him. They come from the factory with 260 hp at the flywheel! Nice kill.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Have you ran your car at a 1/4 mile track yet? You seem like a very good driver and i'm just curious to see what your stage 2 gti runs. Looks like a 13+ sec car to me
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR IS38//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
TrueRedMS3
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Mazdaspeed3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2011GTI View Post
Nice. The SS seems to run out of steam based on the video. Impressive that you beat him. They come from the factory with 260 hp at the flywheel! Nice kill.
Haha I'm not gonna give you a hard time about it because you may be new to the cars in the the gti's class, but the SS in the video is a supercharged one (05-07). They came stock with 205 hp to the fly wheel. The newer 08+ were turbocharged and came with 260 hp stock.

Is that all he had for mods? I feel like one of those would really pull a gti as soon as they got smaller pulley's and injectors (those are the 2 main parts in their stage 2 kits). Good run none the less though! I'm just surprised it kept up with a stage 2 that long with out pulley's, injectors or a tune.
TrueRedMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
veedubj011
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2011GTI View Post
No. Watch the video. Its supercharged. Which means it has the old ss motor that made 205hp and 200tq stock. Stock for stock a gti would kill it. I will admit that that motor does have alot of potential and that video is probably accurate.
veedubj011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:05 AM   #6
veedubj011
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRedMS3 View Post
Haha I'm not gonna give you a hard time about it because you may be new to the cars in the the gti's class, but the SS in the video is a supercharged one (05-07). They came stock with 205 hp to the fly wheel. The newer 08+ were turbocharged and came with 260 hp stock.

Is that all he had for mods? I feel like one of those would really pull a gti as soon as they got smaller pulley's and injectors (those are the 2 main parts in their stage 2 kits). Good run none the less though! I'm just surprised it kept up with a stage 2 that long with out pulley's, injectors or a tune.
Thank you! sorry i didnt see your post..
Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
TrueRedMS3
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubj011 View Post
No. Watch the video. Its supercharged. Which means it has the old ss motor that made 205hp and 200tq stock. Stock for stock a gti would kill it. I will admit that that motor does have alot of potential and that video is probably accurate.
Not so true, stock for stock comared to the mkv they are pretty even with the nudge going to the cobalt SS. The SS is a tad lighter then even the 2 door gti.

Quote:
Thank you! sorry i didnt see your post..
Haha no biggie, I just happened to post mine before yours.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
veedubj011
Autocross Champion

I know there is much debate about this, but the tsi motor performs much better than the fsi and, in my experience, the mk6 is alot faster than the mkv. Also considering the fact that the mk6's have been proven to have 200whp stock while the fsi makes about 180whp. The fact of the matter is, the s/c ss is not very fast stock. With a little mods sure, but the mk6 is much faster stock. I realize they have comparable numbers, but the gti is just simply faster. I have yet to see a fast, stock, cobalt ss s/c. I will probably get flammed for this because all most people care about on here is hp, but the mk6 gti is more comparable to a cobalt ss turbo in a straight line. Considering wheel hp numbers, they arent far apart. Because of the gti's advanced engineering, it seems to surprise and keep up with alot of cars that theoretically shouldnt and that people on this site dont realize does.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #9
TrueRedMS3
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
I know there is much debate about this, but the tsi motor performs much better than the fsi and, in my experience, the mk6 is alot faster than the mkv. Also considering the fact that the mk6's have been proven to have 200whp stock while the fsi makes about 180whp. The fact of the matter is, the s/c ss is not very fast stock. With a little mods sure, but the mk6 is much faster stock. I realize they have comparable numbers, but the gti is just simply faster. I have yet to see a fast, stock, cobalt ss s/c. I will probably get flammed for this because all most people care about on here is hp, but the mk6 gti is more comparable to a cobalt ss turbo in a straight line. Considering wheel hp numbers, they arent far apart. Because of the gti's advanced engineering, it seems to surprise and keep up with alot of cars that theoretically shouldnt and that people on this site dont realize does.
Not all mkv's had the fsi, plus.. many cobalt ss'sc put down 200+whp stock. A newer 08+ ss/tc stock would kill a stock gti considering both their drivers are experienced and know the car. Don't get me wrong I love the gti, but I think you are overrating it a little bit. The gti runs high 14's stock, the newer cobalt is in the high 13's stock. The newer cobalt also got the best lap on the Nuremberg ring out of any stock fwd car, and beat other cars that you might think would be faster on the track. Performance wise, the newer cobalt SS's and srt4's clean up the rest of the class, especially when you start modding.

These are both stage 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy6KwEryYno

This is a cobalt with only an intake vs a gti with only a resonator delete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7iVKB7_a4

skip to 1:35 in the video. This gti has intake and the cobalt is stock with an extra passenger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0pXCr0ittk
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

I saw his dyno and it was on a dyno jet. He pulled out 243 whp which is suprising. GM underates them for 205 though.
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

also i didnt notice in the vid he takes off on the second honk a little ahead of me
Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

just found out that he had a ported supercharger -_____- nobody is honest in miami
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
JumpinJackFlak
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI MK6
meh, ported is nice and all but doesnt help substantially.
JumpinJackFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Enough to get him to 243 and stage 2 on a tsi is from 240-260 whp so were right around there making the race pretty accurate