GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #29
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheitstephen View Post
I was in the MK6 during the race and here are the plain facts. A STOCK MK6 will not beat a stock S/C SS, and a tuned SS s/c will rape any mk6 regardless of mods plain and simple. This guy had a dyno sheet that said 246 on dynojet and regardless of how off a dyno can be thats still a lot of hp to the wheels. This guy had a new engine put in after he blew his rods and to be honest he didnt even know the specs of the newer engine put in, although apparently he has a ported s/c so who knows. The guy was bone stock though although performed as well as the T/c due to how well he was putting out. It was a fun run so stop bitching its a street race anything can happen.
Thanks man, all these haters
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #30
Stocktastic
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: I gotter meotter.
Send a message via AIM to Stocktastic
Hey, you started it.
Stocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
jp0319
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2015 Golf TDI SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChippedGTI View Post
I can most probably beat 80% of the people on here.
Seriously,
I mean you can beat me all day every day, I'm stock power wise. But dude your ego is so big in this statement I'm surprised you could see the keyboard. Calm down! posting on one of these vs threads is an invite to have your shit picked apart. You put it out there so your going to get some critics, but you keep making ststements like the one above and noone here is going to take you seriously, just sayin.
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #32
RSMark5
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChippedGTI View Post
Thanks man, all these haters
How did having your buddy come to help in your argument, help your claim that you are the end-all-say-all of MK6 GTI's?

The sooner you admit that your car is slow, overweight, FWD, doesn't have LSD, and has a turbo the size of my fist, the sooner people will quit hating.

The SS/SC and SS/TC may be huge pieces of shit, but they're pretty damn fast in a straight line (for a FWD car). Just deal with it.
RSMark5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #33
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

I am not saying that my car is fast compared to all the competition out there. I'm just saying that compared to all the cars in my category its not to shabby. I think that the race posted here was a good kill for me. As a i posted earlier the guy made 243 whp cobalts weigh 2800 pounds when were at 3200, i had a passenger in my car, and he was a little ahead at the start. I don't understand why hating makes you happy but if it does go for it When any of you want to run and are in miami let me know ill be more then happy too
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
Old 01-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #34
Red2011GTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI - TR Stage II+
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #35
HOLLIS
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
My Dad could beat up your Dad!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #36
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Look at this one ; http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Cobalt

cobalt SS T/C +/- = Stage2 mk6

We have to say that the 2009 Cobalt T/C has been tuned; suspension, brembo front-brake etc for the track. The car is far better that the standard Cobalt SS S/C. And for the price, u get a hell of a good package! if u are looking for pure performance. With all the mods I made, I could be scary to lose against an 2009 cobalt SS stock on track but who really knows, im far waillin to try if I get the chance.

The OP video show that a Cobalt SS S/C modded can keep up against a modded stage2 (Unitronic) mk6 GTI, that can keep up against a 2009 T/C in a straight line. Both got credit here ! I dont see why this threat turned bad !

come on guys.
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #37
Stocktastic
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: I gotter meotter.
Send a message via AIM to Stocktastic
Cobalts weigh 2991lbs, GTIs weigh 3069lbs.

I have personally beat an LSJ Cobalt. DSG won it for me.

You think what you want, GTIs are not fast. They are quick, and Cobalts are slightly quicker when done right.

/end thread.
Stocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocktastic View Post

You think what you want, GTIs are not fast. They are quick, and Cobalts are slightly quicker when done right.

/end thread.
The Gti isnt fast but quick

If I follow you, ;

Fast > Quick, so
Quicker doesnt means faster
faster so is > quicker

.... A fast Cobalt could keep up with a quicker Gti that isnt that fast but still quick.

GTIs are not fast meaning... all Gti to mk1 to mk6, mod or not = quick but not fast.
Cobalts from LS to SS are quicker. BUT both arent fast...

If we get a mod gti, we get a quicker gti but still not fast ? and if we get a mod cobalt SS, we get a quicker car but still not fast.

conclusion ; Gtis = quick
Cobalts = quicker

So, the winner is the cobalts?

thx for all this precision

Sorry but im not fast to understand...

im quick... hmmm.....
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
RSMark5
Formula 5000 Champion

No, the winner IS and always will be.........s2k.

I can pretty much sum up the confusion for you Bruno

FWD = Not fast .
Old 01-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #40
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

I raced one of those yest too and walked it made another post about it with a vid u should talk shit on that thread too
Old 01-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #41
RSMark5
Formula 5000 Champion

Nah, I won't bother. Pretty much everyone knows S2k> Everything. He probably didn't know you were racing. Just some punk kid honking at him on the freeway.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #42
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Check the thread out before you talk shit. Pretty obvious we were racing