GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #29
EvoX
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' Shelby, GLK 350, C7 Z06 (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGTI View Post
dude seriously i don't give a shit about your spoon fed info. I asked a question sarcastically. Also that post shows a vid which shows no proof of actual dyno numbers. Furthermore the very top post is just numbers typed out with the mods written so you don't even know what the hell he has....and he prob has a hell of a lot. Coulda bought something way nicer. The point is the colbalt is a cheap ass car built with the quality of a neon only it was about 6-7 years too late lol. The motor that is reportedly holding all that power prob isn't made in the US and most likely German built.

Chances of me running into a Colbalt that actually lastly long enough to beat my stage 2+ is slim as I don't know what....? your thought process.

I might be hating a little....but I think its perfectly normal to hate on a car that has shitty styling and inferior build quality. My master tech has one and he is actually turboing his reg 2.2 ecotec just for shits but even he knows the car is basically shit othwise. Him and I have worked at one of the biggest chevy dealers in MD...we seen it all. I actually like the ecotecs for the most part and the motors thereafter. I even had a 2.4l at one point...never gave me any probs.

All of these MK vs threads are funny....When you beat someone, you didn't really beat them. People always have to talk up the car you raced and go into a comparison war and the thread turns into something completely different. Every race is different, every driver is different, and just about anything can beat anything in the right situation or the right mods. A better quality car is a better quality car. Everyone will argue from different standpoints so nothing is ever solved and people just keep talking... me included. I actually asked that the one thread I posted be deleted cause I was disgusted with all the bs

Here's something to consider if we are going to compare: past a certain amount of power....fwd is basically useless....so what are you left with?
-longevity and build quality
-livability and versatilaty
-handling and autocross ability (how good of a drivers car is it really?)
-styling (personal opp but seriously everyone knows when a car is ugly)
-how well the car holds its value

classy? lol maybe but I don't really consider this...and i could give a damn what cops will pull over first....that one made me laugh. Maybe but who knows.....and I don't want to bring up what is classier when it was about a race.

I know I kind of fed the fire with this post but I really don't care....I just wanted to try to get people thinking differently about all this..

I'll get flamed because thats what ppl do on the internet same as I can make this post and not really care what people think. Good luck....and for now on everyone should carry a camera in their glove box in case they have to race someone.

Nevermind...it won't matter, you'll still get flamed even if you race a ferrari and it gets stuck in 3rd/or misses a shift and somehow you win.

peace
And what does all this classy interior bs have to do with the potential of a cobalt? In temrs of reliability over the past 3 years its been out the car has no major issues.

About the website. The arrow at the bottom right of the screen pointing downwars allows you to scroll down when you move your cursor to it and click, depress the left button on your mouse to click. The words in bold (bigger words) are titles, look for the title indicating the summary of dyno results for the model you would like to see. All dyno numbers have to be verified by a tuning company and dyno sheets must be posted with furthur information. You can find them next to each result...

For fan boys who do not want to see results that will have a negative impact on their argument, you may 'peace' like the fan boy above and ignore this thread as well as others which contain factual information on other cars that you don't want to see and would ratrher not believe.
EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Scotty
Not sure what youre trying to show me through those links, clarify for me
And those same websites, car and driver, have named the mk6 car of the year for 2010 lol sooooooooo.
I know this is an on going debate, but the mk6 is in a different class form the mk5 besides the drivetrain.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
Dirt Nasty
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Good Times.
Attached Images

Dirt Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #32
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
This forum needs a smiley like that^^^^^ lol
Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #33
kimsballs
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Manual United Gray
Two of the guys at work have cobalt ss turbo with ecotecs. They're fast. They're both tuned, one is pretty bolted to the max(actually just bough a K04+ things a beast), and the other is intake, dp, and charge pipes. They both pull hard. we have a blast racing. Sometimes I win, sometimes they do, usually depends on who's having a better day. But they both lurv my car. y??? Interior, and road noise. Not saying one is better. I do love my GTI but i am biased. But the cobalt ss turbo's are good cars. the SS superchargers, and na's suck, again my opinion.
kimsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
GunMetalGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 DSG 2 Door GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Nasty View Post
Good Times.
hahha ya it does.....

and on another positive note.......

I didn't give any compliments to the 2.0 turbo ss motor. I like it...its nice....but on the 3rd post....there is no way your getting 75 whp or whatever was posted from a tune or whatever that dude posted....anyways...im done
Baltimore, MD Dubbers drop me a line.
Meets are 8pm Wed., Parkville Dunkin Donuts
GunMetalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #35
mkstan15
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyMKVI View Post
Um 15+k spent on the car. Plus you can't buy them new anymore.
spent 15k on your car and still complaining about speed? Sounds to me like you bought the wrong mods or are just a whining baby. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure for 15k any of the big US tuning companies (APR, Revo, GIAC) could have a freakishly fast MK6 GTI. Stop spending your money on coils and 450 piece rims and get some performance mods. No need to respond as your posts are making me dumber with each one I read, thus have been placed on the ignore list.
mkstan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #36
ScottyMKVI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 UG GTI, 2 Door, 6 Speed
^Lol, somebody is mad
ScottyMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #37
Dirt Nasty
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstan15 View Post
spent 15k on your car and still complaining about speed? Sounds to me like you bought the wrong mods or are just a whining baby. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure for 15k any of the big US tuning companies (APR, Revo, GIAC) could have a freakishly fast MK6 GTI. Stop spending your money on coils and 450 piece rims and get some performance mods. No need to respond as your posts are making me dumber with each one I read, thus have been placed on the ignore list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	You-MAD-Yeah-You-mad.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	6758  
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #38
mkstan15
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Nasty View Post
Why would I be mad? My car is stock as shit, except for rims. I could care less if I can beat a cobalt, wrx, or kia rio. My money is spent on an education, something a lot of people on this forum would benefit from. Obviously scotty is mad because he spent 15k and still isnt happy with his car. I'm actually getting a return on my money. Ill be mad when I see any of you at my med school. Piece haters

mkstan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #39
ScottyMKVI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 UG GTI, 2 Door, 6 Speed
Words shoved into my mouth. For anyone who hasn't blocked me for no real reason, I'm perfectly happy with my car and I'm not mad. <---- See!
ScottyMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #40
Dirt Nasty
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Why would I be mad? My car is stock as shit, except for rims. I could care less if I can beat a cobalt, wrx, or kia rio. My money is spent on an education, something a lot of people on this forum would benefit from. Obviously scotty is mad because he spent 15k and still isnt happy with his car. I'm actually getting a return on my money. Ill be mad when I see any of you at my med school. Piece haters
1. How am I a Hater? I drive the same car as you. 2. You guys get butt hurt too easy I just liked the pic of Mr. Jackson. 3. WTF does Med school have to do with anything? 4. I can't wait to get off work to go have some beers.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
gkallis
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI Candy White
Quote:
Wow, the American school system is letting you down. Reading and assumption fail to you also
sorry i did not know i was writing a paper for my teacher. next time ill proof read before submitting it to you professor.
Candy White, 6 speed, Sunroof, Monster Mats, 18" Detroit's, Bi-Xenons Headlights, Dyno Audio, VAG custom, APR Stage 2, Forge DV spacer, Billy Boat 3 Inch Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback, Induktion Motorsports I-Flow Intake, Autotech Lower Engine Mount Insert, Red LED Footwell , Super Bright white LED Interior Lights, Yellow Fog Lights, Osir Shifter Knob and boot (Red)
gkallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #42
EvoX
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' Shelby, GLK 350, C7 Z06 (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGTI View Post
hahha ya it does.....

and on another positive note.......

I didn't give any compliments to the 2.0 turbo ss motor. I like it...its nice....but on the 3rd post....there is no way your getting 75 whp or whatever was posted from a tune or whatever that dude posted....anyways...im done
oh really? Because...? Do you have any technical data whatsoever?

Why can a gti make similar power gains with a tiny k03s but a cobalt with a far more robust engine and a k04 cant?

I've shown you dyno results where they even show the dyno sheet, company who dynoed and each individual modification. I know your not the most intelligent person around as you werent able to navigate the page and figure out where to look, but really? Is it so difficult to comprehend?

The fastest BOLT ON stock turbo cobalt ss on pump gas and slicks are running high 11's @ 116-118...

You seem to be in denial, and i don't know why, this isnt a competition, but these are facts, its not up for debate.
EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote