GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 08-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #43
mattttt
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm about to delete my SAI and was wondering if anyone has any info in regard to which resistor(s) are needed and where to code the CEL off in VCDS. Urotuning sells resistors (https://www.urotuning.com/SAi-EVAP-D...or_mk4_kit.htm) but I'm not sure they'll be compatible.

I just ordered this block off plate so I'll update here when I do the install/delete, but I figured by now someone has had to have dealt with this before.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #44
mattttt
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Well I guess I'm the only one interested in this at the moment, but just in case anyone else is in the future I'm going to post my progress with the SAI delete here.

I've been struggling to find any specific information in regard to the resistors needed for the Mk6 (everything available online pertains to Mk4s), but this thread pointed to utilizing four 10w 330 ohm resistors. So I ordered a few up from China and will likely begin the delete as soon as they arrive.

I'm also going to be contacting APR to see if there's any way they can code out the fault, being that I run their stage 2 tune, but may have to go though Integrated Engineering or a customer tuner or something. Obviously my end goal is the fully remove the SAI without a persistent CEL.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #45
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Another option instead of deleting is to just eliminate the tubing and put the filter down on the pump itself. Cleans up the engine bay but still allows the pump to work.

APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #46
Dub_75
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: CSG MK6 2010 CBFA 6MT GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
Another option instead of deleting is to just eliminate the tubing and put the filter down on the pump itself. Cleans up the engine bay but still allows the pump to work.

this still leaves the ugly valve and all the plastic pluming that comes off the side of the motor... which makes it kind of shitty when trying to shave your bay.

Also I tried this a few years ago and APR does not support this modification due to emissions reasons nor will most other indy tuners (if I'm mistaken then please DM me the tuners info) especially after diesel gate with VW tuners going to jail. Also a customer service rep from APR told me that they have no interest in supporting the Runner Flap delete when using aftermarket intake manifolds for the TSI platform.