GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacing valve cover gasket - what else?

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
I thought about the intake manifold but I’m not sure it’s worth doing. Does the cam cap need to be off to install a catch can? I was considering installing one.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I thought about the intake manifold but I’m not sure it’s worth doing. Does the cam cap need to be off to install a catch can? I was considering installing one.

Manifold is not necessary. Catch can can be done at any time.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'd get the revised manifold when you go in for your first carbon cleaning. I was quoted $750 for revised intake manifold and Walnut shell blasting

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I'd get the revised manifold when you go in for your first carbon cleaning. I was quoted $750 for revised intake manifold and Walnut shell blasting

If I had the bread I would have them blast and then go upgraded aluminum mani. Just because cool points. Lol

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
If I had the bread I would have them blast and then go upgraded aluminum mani. Just because cool points. Lol
Yeah cool points beat out horse power everytime. I put in two turbo whistles in my exhaust in my '89 rx7 and told everyone I put in twin turbo. Had all my high school fooled.

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
Those are some pretty expensive cool points, but I like the turbo whistle idea. I'll pass on the manifold since I am already pretty cool. Thanks everyone for the great advice.