GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I’m officially moved down to flight school gents. Looks like there’s about a 3 month backup till I enter the pipeline unfortunately. All my furniture and bed and tv’s are still stuck in Maryland waiting for a driver to pick up the crate :/

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Property taxes aren’t as low as I expected. Still half of what we would pay for the same house though. It does drive me nuts when you see a House was half the price it’s being offered for now just 4 years ago.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat16: Sanderzzz Hot Pursuit - Tonight On LiveVAG

Property taxes aren’t as low as I expected. Still half of what we would pay for the same house though. It does drive me nuts when you see a House was half the price it’s being offered for now just 4 years ago.

True, property taxes aren’t a ton lower, but the overall tax burden and costs are definitely lower. The no state income tax alone makes a big difference.

Yeah, the areas we’re looking at have appreciated quite a bit over the last few years. We’re probably at the tail end of that, but we’ll have the security of being in a higher demand area.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
That garage though sanderzz 10/10.

what size tires you got on your car? looks like pretty wide #spacers?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
That garage though sanderzz 10/10.

what size tires you got on your car? looks like pretty wide #spacers?

235 nittos until the spring. Then rolling the fenders and getting 245 federals. Having a garage is the best part of getting a house

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
235 nittos until the spring. Then rolling the fenders and getting 245 federals. Having a garage is the best part of getting a house

100% this. Especially an attached one. Can walk to your car in boxers with ease. amirite?

dang 245s :eek:

anyways, congrats man

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
100% this. Especially an attached one. Can walk to your car in boxers with ease. amirite?

dang 245s :eek:

anyways, congrats man

Can come home when it’s raining sideways and walk in your house completely dry iirc

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Went to Devils Lake over the weekend. Always nice during Fall. Put the new tires on the truck a couple weeks ago. Towed the camper even better than the stock jobbers.

Also if you remember the 13 year old pup that was on her death bed earlier this year when her spleen exploded...that I spent the equivalent to 3 Miata's on to repair.... Hiked the 7.5 miles we did without complaining once. Then we went back out for a short night hike and she wanted to come with then too! She's a freakin trooper.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Is Devils lake a good weekend cruise to see fall leaves? I’m looking for some cruise ideas and maybe some light hiking with the family.

Also good man Roy spending so many miatia to fix the puppy. I am on the other side of the fence and look forward to mine finally kicking the bucket. Especially the adopted horse that’s tearing up my house.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
That doge, good to hear. Haven't been to Devil's Lake in ages.

Get to it.

flying_solo said:
Is Devils lake a good weekend cruise to see fall leaves? I’m looking for some cruise ideas and maybe some light hiking with the family.

Also good man Roy spending so many miatia to fix the puppy. I am on the other side of the fence and look forward to mine finally kicking the bucket. Especially the adopted horse that’s tearing up my house.

It's great. If you take the first exit off the highway, it's pretty twisty getting to the park. Depending where you come from, it's about a 2.5-3 hour drive. Took me just under 3 hours with the camper.

End of October is the best time to see the leaves change. They were all yellow this weekend. Next weekend will probably be prime. Usually we go beginning of November and most are down by then. This year they will probably hang a little longer.

Most of the hiking here is pretty strenuous FWIW. As much as I love my dog, I am really going to enjoy having my freedom back when the time comes. I used to be able to jump in my car and drive anywhere for the weekend. I miss those days.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

eh for a cruise I'd much rather go up to madison and then back down to new glarus through the twisties. Or do Kettle Moraine

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
As much as I love my dog, I am really going to enjoy having my freedom back when the time comes. I used to be able to jump in my car and drive anywhere for the weekend. I miss those days.

Primary reason I won't let the wifey get a dog.

I love dogs. But we just aren't home enough to be, what I'd consider, "responsible" dog owners. All through the summer we're out doing stuff (usually none of it "dog friendly" so we couldn't just take the dog with, etc.) so the dog would be spending a lot of time home alone. I've got a few close friends with dogs and had lots of spontaneous stuff ("Hey let's go grab a beer/lunch/movie") get cut off when they remember, "Crap... no, we can't... we gotta go home and let the dogs out..."

Glad to see the pupper back in shape. They're members of the family, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.