GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

car comparison

yungty718

Passed Driver's Ed
also the 0-60 for a sonata turbo is 5.8 secs which means that a stock r is a milli second faster than the sonata according to vw..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that 0-60 for the R is horribly off, and is closer to 5.6-5.8 from what it sounds like. Either way, it would destroy the Sonata in weather and track conditions.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yep, the Sonata is really going to cut into Golf R sales. :p

lon888

Ready to race!
Don't underestimate a Sonata for speed. My wife has the 2.0 turbo model and for straightline speed, its blindingly quick and has a ton of torque. However, throw a curve ito the equation, and the GTI has the edge. Also, remember our stock GTI's are computer-limited to 125 mph and I don't think the Sonata's top end is limited, so don't try to race a Sonata on long straight piece of road - you'll get your ass handed to you.

yungty718

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't underestimate a Sonata for speed. My wife has the 2.0 turbo model and for straightline speed, its blindingly quick and has a ton of torque. However, throw a curve ito the equation, and the GTI has the edge. Also, remember our stock GTI's are computer-limited to 125 mph and I don't think the Sonata's top end is limited, so don't try to race a Sonata on long straight piece of road - you'll get your ass handed to you.

exactly because it has been tested to be fast in a straight...now a tuned gti of course wins but stock too stock sonata might just leave... as torque kicks in at about 1280rpm dont quote me on that and there is no virtual lag as heard by reviews.... and i would love to see a stock r (USA Version of course) vs a stock turbo sonata just too see

SilvaGTI

Somebody stop me
0-62 mph times for the R are commonly published as 5.9sec (manual) & 5.7sec (DSG). However my local tuner reckons he can't get better than 6.2 from the manual. The DSG will do 5.7 all day long as you just stick it in 'Sport' and launch it.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Sadly there is no perfect car,both cars are heavy.A DSG R would do the job better(you can't beat the electronics).I still rather buy the R instead of the Sonata.