GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Review** Noise Pipe Plug Mod

kdumbril

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, not sure how that would happen...

But anyway, let me give you my assesment of the difference the plug made!

The cabin is def quieter....sounds more real! I used to have a slight viabration coming from the drivers side trim under acceleration which is now gone - Obviously the low vibration generated in the cabin has now stopped! As for perfromance changes....no noticable difference...

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Raven, I have a question - why not use a smaller diameter rubber and seate the plug in the metal sleeve? The sleeve is there to offer support for the jubilee clip when tightning the hose?

I believe folks were doing this by using the MK5-plug into MK6's, and it led to some plugs popping out under hard driving conditions. With the new plug in, the TB-pipe is still supported (by the new plug) when you tighten down the hose clamp.

Thats correct, originally that was how I made the TSI plugs, as per popular demand. But once I started to see that the metal sleeve was the weakest link in the entire install, it had to be deleted from the equation.
Im glad to see you got your plu tho, it was starting to worry me about how long it was taking to get to you in Dubai.

Its odd that you feel no performance gain or throttle responce. This should be something that is guaranteed in a correct install. Do you have a boost gauge? You should be seeing a couple extra pounds of peak boost pressure after the install. I would check all the steps you took to see if you have a leak somewhere, it looks like you took a lot apart to install this plug (ie. the plugs o-rings, both sides of the throttle pipe, ect) and you may have a tiny tiny leak somewhere that counteracts the results of the plug. Everyone feels something.:iono:
The easiest way is to simply pressure test your system, this will show you if you have a leak, and help you find where.