GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I think I found my dream GTI! Help on pricing

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
EDIT: Thanks for the responses everyone. Thanks in advance for the continued responses. I'm looking at a couple new cars now. My brother in law is getting his WRX at this dealer, so it'd be a little too convenient to ride down with him and pick up a GTI from the same dealer, if I can get the right price.

Edit: This car has been removed from the site. Likely not available anymore. 2011 4dr manual, 13k miles; has Bixenon, Detroits, sunroof; Leather, Dynaudio, no nav. Listed at $25k. I'm calling these guys up to bargain a wholesale price, how much should this car cost? It's quite a bit more expensive than I was out to pay originally. I set out to do 22k max, but this thing is so tempting...

This dealer's other car is a 2012 with 26k miles, same 4dr manual. Has sunroof, Detroits and nav. $22.5. How far should I lowball this one?

--Previous car below--
2010, 20,000mi - 4dr, 6spd, sunroof, bi-xenon and denvers for exterior features. Interior is basic: RCD510, no dynaudio :(.

$21,988. Good deal? I was thinking, since this is a dealer to dealer transaction (wholesale :thumbup:), I'd bring him down to $20k.

http://www.cstatic-images.com/supersized/DMI/16763/VW24806A.04.jpg

Also - is it easy to remove those pesky dealer vinyls?

Last edited:

FNR32

Ready to race!
It looks like a 19-20K car to me considering it's going on 3 years old now.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear, thanks for the responses.

Just discovered Autotrader - TONS more listings there. All 2010: loaded 75k mi for $18k, autobahn 17k mi for $25k, and a loaded 25k for $23k.

Based on the responses so far these all look pretty high, even the 75k mile leased car. Should be noted: these are all CPO w/ 25k warranties.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Why would you buy a 3 year old car for $20k. I bought my four door, DSG with sunroof and Dynaudio new for $25.5k. back out the cost of the DSG and Dyna and it brings it to about $24k. For the $4k you get a new car with 3/35 service included and a new car warranty. At least to me it doesn't make sense to by used at these prices.

Zach84

Ready to race!
^^^ how do you get a 2011 and pick sunroof and dynaudio? You can only get dynaudio with the autobahn edition, and the cheapest I have heard of is 29k... I am assuming you have a 2011 because of your name. I am on the tapatalk app so I cannot see your sig or info.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
22k :laugh:

Its 25k new.

dav1d

Ready to race!
I think it's a good price. Get it!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You've got your Nav equipped models switched. The 2011 is an Autobahn, has Nav. The 2012 is a sunroof/convenience - no Nav.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
You've got your Nav equipped models switched. The 2011 is an Autobahn, has Nav. The 2012 is a sunroof/convenience - no Nav.

:mad0259: These packages still confuse the hell out of me. I thought the 2011-12's came with an RCD3** or RNS5**. So screen size is the other way around? How does that make any sense??

Thanks for pointing that out anyhow.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, the RCD 510 (non Nav) has a larger screen than the RNS 315 (Nav).

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Bump for pics of the current car in question. The shadow blue is really growing on me. And those headlights and taillights are going ASAP.

Oh Soundaktor, where are you?! :paddle:

Brings up a good question, though - what other unique little things about the 2012 should I know about? Soundaktor is one example.