GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

high pitched howl with apr stage 1

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much as the title states, I got the apr stage 1 flash about a week ago, love it by the way. Anyway I noticed that at peak boost in 3rd and 4th gear that there is a high pitched whistle/whirling noise that accompanies the induction noise of the turbo. Just curious if this is normal or not, everything else on the car is stock. I don't feel a drop in power, there is just that noise, and since this is my first car with a turbo, I am not sure if this is normal or not. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you are hearing intake noise. This is completely normal when you increase the requested boost with a tune. If you get an aftermarket intake it will get even louder.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
The "howl" is normal, you should hear it with the carbonio.:eek:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I seem to have the same high pitched noise under acceleration on my completely stock gti. Only noticed about a thousand miles ago (out of 4600).

9V7W3

Ready to race!
It's still probably a natural sound for a turbo'd car that everyone's hearing. My new R did it stock.. If there was a leak you would probably feel the power loss/roughness.. I doubt there are all these GTI's and R's running around with vacuum/boost leaks, I think everyone's safe :thumbsup: