GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs Shelby Mustang

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Jesus, Ben, that is amazing. Nice driving!

Wonder if I would have ended up there with you had I had a problem free GTI.

Wow. Awesome vid.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Doesn't look like the Mustang driver was trying very hard, but then again on street tires...

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Nice dude! Looked like a great time. I wish I lived near that track. Also love streets of willow.

Nice driving.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Why you racing with your windows down? I am not trolling. serious question. I have never tracked my car other then 1/4 mile and am curious....

Almost all driver events (track days) that aren't professional racing require windows down. The main reasons are to be able to give point-by's (stick your hand out the window) and maybe pull you out if you crash and cant get out.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Nice video/driving, enjoyed watching it.I would love to drive on Laguna Seca one day, it was always my favorite in Gran Torismo haha.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Why you racing with your windows down? I am not trolling. serious question. I have never tracked my car other then 1/4 mile and am curious....

Hard to point by other drivers with your window up. :) And, as was mentioned, safety.

How did you not have crazy wind noise from the GoPro? Or is it not a GoPro? I'm also curious what settings you used. Protune, 1080, 720 etc....

GoPro HERO 3 BLACK, running on 1080, 60FPS setting, using the battery backback with solid back case. I noticed after the last update the wind noise is a bit reduced. No idea.

That appears to be a 07 or 08 Shelby GT that came with 319 HP from factory. Minimally needs a blower to be pushing out more than 600hp. Not saying it doesn't have it just stating fact about what it was stock. Nice video and nice driving.

Hhmm, thought it was a newer one. well shucks...LOL,

Doesn't look like the Mustang driver was trying very hard, but then again on street tires...

Um, no, he was on racking slicks. :lol:

He had a horrible line, he was scared of the Corkscrew as well. Basically slammed his brakes on there.

my dream is to drive on laguna..... nice vid!

Mine was too......opportunity presented itself and I took it. :D

Thanks everyone :burnrubber:

Do you just have the springs as your only suspension mod?

Yup, just H&R Super Sports. Stock dampers and sways. Imagine what I could do with adjustable bars, links, and some braces!! LOL

He's running away from you on the straights, but you're taking a much better line and are more aggressive (later braking). It adds up and thankfully he's being smart and waves you by. Good job.

Liked.

Very aggressive braking on this run, I admit there was some (SOME) ego on my part to pass a Shelby Mustang. So I went deeper into corners and stood on the brakes (factory brakes too). At the end of this session, when I parked in the paddock......my front brakes were literally smoking. :D

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Sooo jelly of laguna. Man what a fun drive that looks like.

But I have to agree with those who say he wasn't trying. A lot of drivers just don't push it too hard. I passed a C63 AMG when I was bone stock. Off vid, I passed an E36 and E92 M3, Charger R/T (though I think I would have passed that boat anyways) and a modded Evo 9 when I was stage 1 100 oct. These cars really hold their own on the track though, that's for sure.

FF to 7:00