GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI vs. Dodge Charger R/T

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Today I had a Charger that looked and sounded stock next to me at a light. When the road was wet, and from a rolling start we were equal.
My GTI only has a Neuspeed p-flow, which basically does nothing but make noise. I am guessing this Charger was a V6, which I guess is close 0-60 as a GTI. I was still expecting the Charger to be faster, because my GTI feels slow to me. Sometimes I like to call it 2.0Tooooooo slow :D

Gti207

Ready to race!
A stock gti should walk all over a charger v-6. Those things are dogs. I've been tied with an r/t hemi until around 70-75 as stage 1. Their 5-speed is awful at putting power down.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
A stock gti should walk all over a charger v-6. Those things are dogs. I've been tied with an r/t hemi until around 70-75 as stage 1. Their 5-speed is awful at putting power down.

Are you fucking high? A stock V6 Charger and a stock GTI are closely matched. Stage 1 will not beat a stock R/T. Look up some numbers before you just loosely base this on a lame race.

I guarantee my stock Charger R/T would spank your stage 1 GTI because I have raced and beat a stage 2 GTI. Oh wait. IT was a mk5. I forgot that the mk6 can beat a Veyron. Nevermind!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Are you fucking high? A stock V6 Charger and a stock GTI are closely matched. Stage 1 will not beat a stock R/T. Look up some numbers before you just loosely base this on a lame race.

I guarantee my stock Charger R/T would spank your stage 1 GTI because I have raced and beat a stage 2 GTI. Oh wait. IT was a mk5. I forgot that the mk6 can beat a Veyron. Nevermind!

The stock charger is nothing to a GTI. It competes with an I4 accord and does a good job at that performance wise.

Also I've personally raced the newer gen R/T awd from a 70 roll at stage 1 no intake and stayed at his driver's door until 100.

Edit: stayed in 5th gear for that race, too. Should have been in 4th.

butchered by autocorrecr

GTI2.01

Ready to race!

:rolleyes:

I expected to be beat pretty easily looking at 0-60 times of a late model Charger compared to a stock 6SM GTI. I was just surprised by this. Doesn't a the Charger do 0-60 around 6.1? Maybe he needed the driver mod?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
:rolleyes:

I expected to be beat pretty easily looking at 0-60 times of a late model Charger compared to a stock 6SM GTI. I was just surprised by this. Doesn't a the Charger do 0-60 around 6.1? Maybe he needed the driver mod?

The V6 or the R/T? R/T is in low 5 to 60. I thought the V6 was mid 6ish.

On the street, numbers only go so far. Driver mod is a huge part of surprises. OR maybe you have a quick GTI and he has a slow Charger. There are variations and anomalies.

ColesMk6

Ready to race!

now the OP never mentioned which body style of charger im confident my gti would have kept up with my stock 2006 R/T. Didnt they juice up the newer models?

edit: my gti is mostly stock currently

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
now the OP never mentioned which body style of charger im confident my gti would have kept up with my stock 2006 R/T. Didnt they juice up the newer models?

Fantastic point. Yes, they did. Not to mention an older one would show its age. They had 340 hp, the newer ones have 370. Still faster than a stock GTI, but a stage 1 might take it. Then it would be driver mod. Which is more fun when you have similar performance in different cars.

ColesMk6

Ready to race!
Fantastic point. Yes, they did. Not to mention an older one would show its age. They had 340 hp, the newer ones have 370. Still faster than a stock GTI, but a stage 1 might take it. Then it would be driver mod. Which is more fun when you have similar performance in different cars.

:thumbsup:

zipsled

Ready to race!
I traded my '13 Charger R/T for a '14 GTI. I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ and it's not a match for the most recent Hemi. Slightly quicker than the new Pentastar 3.6 V-6, which is no slouch 6-banger. The Charger is a heavy car.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I traded my '13 Charger R/T for a '14 GTI. I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ and it's not a match for the most recent Hemi. Slightly quicker than the new Pentastar 3.6 V-6, which is no slouch 6-banger. The Charger is a heavy car.

We are like opposites. I went from a GTI to a Charger. Like you, I believe and know since I have driven both that the Charger is much faster. It may be a heavy car, but 395 ft/lbs does wonders and it is fast for how big it is. Not to mention all the tests.....

Anyhow. Both are great cars for different reasons. :thumbsup:

Gti207

Ready to race!

You, my friend, need to calm down. I never claimed I could beat an r/t....just that I can hang with them until around 70. Are you fucking high or do you have trouble reading?