GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help : DIY cleaning for intake valve 1.4TSI twincharger engine 118kw

b6130bui

Hi all,

I am a newcomer and has been following the group for 2 weeks.

I have a 2012 Mk6 Golf with a 1.4 Twincharger engine 118kw/160hp

I want to do a DIY clean the intake manifold and hoping it will also clean some part of the intake valves using a foaming engine conditioner (they sell a Japanese's brand over here called DCS foaming engine conditioner).

Currently I'm running with Amsoil PI to clean the injectors (1 bottle for full tank and will do half bottle for another half tank).
So intake cleaning will be next.
The last will be combustion chambers decarb thru plug holes.

Can anyone suggest the easiest way (and also shortest path to the valve)....which point I should spray this foam.

I've noticed a DIY posting for 2.0 GTI by removing IAT sensor and spray thru the hole.

How about this engine?

I am thinking to spray via a breather hose's mount beside the intake temp sensor G42 on the backside of the engine (shown by arrow with remark DCS in)

Any opinions ?

Tks in advance
Kent

blower

Ready to race!
That is about as close as you can get to the intake valves, and the best place to spray any 'sea foam' like fluid to clean the intake valves....not that I think such cleaning fluids have much effect on the hardened carbon build up on the back of the valves.

The hose you are looking to disconnect I believe is from the evap system, to purge the charcoal canister. It's therefore fine to temporarily disconnect this and use it as the point to spray your cleaner.

b6130bui

Hi blower, thanks for your guidance mate. I'm just looking for the easiest way to make a cleaning to the valves without dismantling anything.
Do you still drive your 1.4 TSI?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

blower

Ready to race!
Yep, still got it....project was put on hold for a while but is back underway now that I have got a sports cat which i'll be fitting this weekend, ready for stage 2+ remap.