GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So who's trading in their GTI for the R?

aditya369us

Ready to race!
hahaha, I think the old air cooled 993 ones and then the 997/987s and up.

I see you had 996 Porsche. How was the reliability on that ? I want something rwd or awd with a rear wheel bias. I was looking at a 2008 cayman s as an alternative if I can't get a good price on an s4. What do u think about reliability on the cayman and the 996/997 911 ?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I see you had 996 Porsche. How was the reliability on that ? I want something rwd or awd with a rear wheel bias. I was looking at a 2008 cayman s as an alternative if I can't get a good price on an s4. What do u think about reliability on the cayman and the 996/997 911 ?

check edmunds for reports on the reliability - like, the 2007 Carerra S is really good, but the 2005 could have had problems, etc.

The AWD in the pcars seems REALLY heavy, I didnt like it. I would go for the cayman S, its one of my possibilities down the line as well. I'd go for a 997 over a 996, no doubt. I dont know much about cayman reliability though.

If I can afford it, I think im set on the 997 Carrera S as my new fav for the 2nd /next car in a few years - but that will be at the top of my range, along with a C6 Z06.