I am seeing Neil deGrasse Tyson speak tonight

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Balls

Balls

That is all

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldn't bother with that religion question though. He seems to be pretty tired of it and will just throw up his agnostic statement like the one shown here:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/201...son-posts-a-surprisingly-disappointing-video/

Exactly. So many people ask him that question that it shouldn't be to hard to find an answer online.

he brings up valid points, but its still somewhat of a copout and he's just playing it safe - he can get more fans that way anyway, lol. But then again, he did say agnostic, so that's cool - so not really a copout.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Well he does actively speak out against intelligent design and such. He just doesn't want to be associated with militant atheists.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Well he does actively speak out against intelligent design and such. He just doesn't want to be associated with militant atheists.

Can anyone blame him?

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
I don't blame him for saying agnostic. Labeling yourself an atheist automatically burdens you with a lot of baggage. I get tons of grief from family and friends and have to deal with tons of annoying questions.

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
That reminds me, I made my wife cry when I told her that I don't believe that we have souls and then when we die, we die (Ivan Drago voice)....that was a fun day.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

^ that's good then.

Can anyone blame him?

dude, whatever.

I don't blame him for saying agnostic. Labeling yourself an atheist automatically burdens you with a lot of baggage. I get tons of grief from family and friends and have to deal with tons of annoying questions.

true, I'm in the same. I think he explained that very well, and at the same time, took the safe answer.