GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel Buttons for MFD not working

darula78

I brought my car to get a crack jn the front left quarter panel fixed. I just got the car back and the steering wheel buttons to control the MFD aren't working and there is an "airbag error." Can someone tell me what happened and why body work could cause this.!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
They probably disconnected an airbag sensor without disconnecting the battery first, that's likely why you have the error light. As for the steering wheel controls, I"m not sure. Take it back and make them fix it.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I brought my car to get a crack jn the front left quarter panel fixed. I just got the car back and the steering wheel buttons to control the MFD aren't working and there is an "airbag error." Can someone tell me what happened and why body work could cause this.!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bad clockspring or it's simply disconnected, your horn should not work either. Being an R, you may even have a recall for it possibly.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
yup its the clockspring, VW is says 860 to replace it, luckily I have a warranty but still...

They were trying to rape you, shouldn't have been more than $600 or so with labor. Glad you have that warranty!