GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Correct CECM?/ bixenon- LED bixenon

tmsautoart

Hi All,

I wasn't expecting this to be my first post, but I do have a question concerning the highline CECM. I have searched both here and the Vortex and still cant seem to find definitive information. I'm sure its out there somewhere, BUT:

I have a 2011 GTI w/ factory installed OEM Bixenon headlights. The passenger side was completely shot upon purchase and the dealer where I purchased the car said they would take care of the repair at my VW dealership. Very long story short: My VW dealer was sent a light and it's from a 2013 GTI w/ LEDs. My options are to keep the LED and get another for the drivers side using my good non LED drivers side and my bad passenger side non LED as an exchange for a LED drivers side. Alternately I could send the LED back and get the correct non LED for a 2011.

It looks like all GTI/GLIs came with the correct highline CECM and will just need to be coded to run the LEDs. Is this in fact the case? If that is the case I'd like to do it.

I just need to know 100% or this could be a costly error for me.

I'll post some pics of the car soon.

Thanks in advance!
Terry

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
You're good to go since you already have the 087 CECM's to begin with. It's only a matter of coding.

tmsautoart

Perfect! Thanks so much. I think i'll go this route. Here is the car.

Attachments

• photo (5) (700x525).jpg
    photo (5) (700x525).jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 216

tmsautoart

Well here it is 2 years later and I've been running around with a nice set of factory LEDs that aren't turned on. So I just picked up my VAG COM HEX CAN USB and now i'm trying to get the correct coding for factory LEDs. I have been searching for this and in my search found this, my old thread. Anyone have the factory coding? I came across a few threads with coding for halogen cars now fitted w/ the replica headlights but it doesn't look like that will work for me. Any help would be appreciated!

tmsautoart

Don't know if this will help you but you can start here reading this link.

http://volksurf.blogspot.com/2011/09/bi-xenon-led-retrofit-diy.html

He talks about installation for both
-FACTORY XENON + LED
-Without FACTORY XENON (halogen)

that is the one I had originally saved and followed. It didn't work. I was hoping before I had to jump any wires, as he mentions, I wanted to first verify the factory coding. He also appears to be in another country so I wanted to make sure I could reference the coding for a NA car. Thank you though. I appreciate your help!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Did you figure out how to code them?