GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mkvi autobahn vs. drivers edition

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
Im in the market for a new gti. I'm looking at the autobahn and the drivers edition packages. Can anyone help make up my decision? I like aspects of both cars. Also what should I be spending on each? I'm about 85-90% sure what I want. I'm gonna get the 4dr.
Also carbon gray or white? I like both colors. Anyone have experience taking car of each? I have silver now.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Im in the market for a new gti. I'm looking at the autobahn and the drivers edition packages. Can anyone help make up my decision? I like aspects of both cars. Also what should I be spending on each? I'm about 85-90% sure what I want. I'm gonna get the 4dr.
Also carbon gray or white? I like both colors. Anyone have experience taking car of each? I have silver now.

Might as well wait till the fall for the MK7.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
New cars generally come out in the fall but I'd still wait till spring for the MK7 over a MK6 now.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
+1 on waiting on the mk7. At this point might as well you'll also be one of the first with an mk7.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
New cars generally come out in the fall but I'd still wait till spring for the MK7 over a MK6 now.

Not all the time for all new models.
There is no 2014 golfs or GTIs and production of the mkvi ended last month. So any new cars will only be stock inventory already at dealers until the mk7 arrives in late Q2 next year.
Could be hard for someone to get the exact mkvi they want in their area from now on.
Mk7 golf already in Europe since November last year and gti came out in April.

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the autobahn but the drivers edition has the better wheels. For anyone who has one hows the premium sound in the autobahn? Also the early mk7 may have some problems. Most new entries do.

Also guys and gals for color carbon or white. I really like both colors

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Wouldn't expect prices or specs for while. Would think it may be more expensive depending on what they choose to leave in. Can't see it being cheaper. It's already very cheap here.

Mk7 will be made in Mexico - so that may have added initial problems to any other ones worked through in Germany

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
Personally I'd go for the MK6... MK7 is to be manufactured in Mexico which may be a turnoff to a lot of folks... which in turn will cause the MK6 to hold on to its resale value quite well!

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
I think it will take precisely one drive of the Mk7 performance edition with adaptive chassis control to make us all forget where it's been built!
But we are off on a tangent - the OP is after a Mk6.
After first owning Carbon Grey I now have the white and prefer the way the latter accentuates the fine understated Teutonic design. Goodluck!

cranker1987

Ready to race!
I like the wheels better on the Driver's Edition. I bet it is harder to find than the Autobahn Edition, but you are likely to find a dealer willing to call around and find one for you.