GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Tuning- which file is what?

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Does anyone know which file is what in the APR full programming? I got tuned and both the shop and myself forgot to educate me on the tune files.

I got the valet file over the 100 octane race file, so total i have 3 file that come with the tune, and one open file I can add a tune to later. So which one is the 91 octane file? Is there a standard way tuners set this up?

I screwed up and figured out how to switch the files, I didn't pay attention to which file the ECM was set to before I started flipping through them:eek:

Nice, right, I'm an idiot, it's Sunday so I can't call the shop, I want/ need to drive the car tonight/ NOW.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS ALL:p

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody know for sure if stock mode MUST be included as one of the four files?

What reelknead mentioned above would def be the norm among tuners if those are your selected files, but the only way to know for sure will be to check with the guys that tuned your car.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody know for sure if stock mode MUST be included as one of the four files?

What reelknead mentioned above would def be the norm among tuners if those are your selected files, but the only way to know for sure will be to check with the guys that tuned your car.

Stock does not have to be added. A few guys on here were in trouble during Sandy because they only had a 93 file and 91 was the only gas available. Won't kill the car, but the timing/ boost/ various stuff will be set for a more "volatile" (fo' lack of a better word) fuel.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Figured it out
For the record in my scenario, the tunes set up like this:

1 blink- optimized stock (Motorsport redline and left foot brake with stock timing and fuel)
2 blink- 91 octane
3 blink- 93 octane
4 blink- valet (45mph speed limit, 3k??? Rpm limit)

I need to ditch the valet and get the 100 octane file, that was a bonehead move, :palm plant:

Thanks for the help:D

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Figured it out
For the record in my scenario, the tunes set up like this:

1 blink- optimized stock (Motorsport redline and left foot brake with stock timing and fuel)
2 blink- 91 octane
3 blink- 93 octane
4 blink- valet (45mph speed limit, 3k??? Rpm limit)

I need to ditch the valet and get the 100 octane file, that was a bonehead move, :palm plant:

Thanks for the help:D

Golf R valet mode is 40mph? I've got stock, 91, 93, and valet on my GTI, and while it's got the 4k RPM limit it'll let the car do 70...

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
you can change map order to however you want.

call apr or the retailer that flashed you

edit: before somebody says something, you can't change the order but you can select the order of the maps you install. there isn't a set order they automatically flash it with.

Last edited:

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Didn't they give you a zerox copy of the APR manual with your tunes listed? If so they should be in the order written, or listed.