GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

uglybastard's PSSMKLLR GTI owner journal

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Installed BFI shift knob.

saxgti

Nice man! I was just up in NH. Did the Mt. Washington Auto Road and snapped some cool pics there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
recently installed a eurocubby, bought from a forum member. i also installed colormatched side markers bought from him.

Also purchased was some Rep R20 sideskirts, colormatched. waiting for it to warm up today to maybe do the install.

Ever since i did the install of the eurocubby i have bee having battery issues, which i attribute to having a bad grounding location in my fusebox area due to how i hardwired it via fusetap. luckily i have a portable battery jump pack but need to chase out this gremlin. thought i had it fixed last night but maybe not. only other recent electrical mod that comes to mind as a root cause for this would be my RNS510, as the thing still makes noise after ignition is off, which i attribute to it powering down the internal memory.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Bought a downpipe from 42nd Draft Designs back on black friday - finally got it installed today. also done today was stoptech slotted rotors and EBC RedStuff brakepads. Also had the Unibrace UB installed.

Soon, the S3 short shifter and Spulen Oil Catch Can will be going in.

Also recently bought leather seats, thanks to U20T.

Looking ahead, getting a clutch (stage 2, looking at BFI or South Bend) and getting tuned. Going with Cobb and maybe a protune.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
What kind of noise is the radio making? mine make noise too but sounds like the cd drive going for no reason

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
today was an expensive day:

- IE CAI (summer sale discount is about as good as im gonna get for a new CAI from them. impatient to wait for a classifed posting.)
- New tires to go on my new fifteen52 tarmacs.
- new hardware and hub rings for the new wheels

also registered my cars which totally counts towards the expenses for the day.

once i get and decide i like the new CAI i might end up selling my Carbonio stg1+2 setup.