GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Intake Manifold Removal DIY + Valve Cleaning

FriggenT1

Banned
*sighs* oh God, I gotta do this very soon, not looking forward to it.

What's everyone's advice for the injector seals? It's like 40.00 for all 4, but do I need to do them? If so, do I need to get the tool to put them on?

fbgmoney

Ready to race!

What's everyone's advice for the injector seals? It's like 40.00 for all 4, but do I need to do them? If so, do I need to get the tool to put them on?

I bought the seals and tool from ECS and wound up returning them after not noticing any fuel leaks for a day and half.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Check out my DIY pictures. Used a DIY walnut shell blaster pieced together from Harbor Freight and Home Depot. If anybody local needs to borrow an injector tool, walnut blaster tool, hit me up!

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

After doing my carbon cleaning, i put the injector seals on without the tool.

But after the cleaning i've developed a random misfire, its only happened 3 times now in the past 7 months. But still. Could be fuel injector related, i have no idea.

For the peace of mind i recommend you do it the right way.

GTIguy30

Passed Driver's Ed
After doing my carbon cleaning, i put the injector seals on without the tool.

But after the cleaning i've developed a random misfire, its only happened 3 times now in the past 7 months. But still. Could be fuel injector related, i have no idea.

For the peace of mind i recommend you do it the right way.

I had 3 injectors that came out with the manifold. I tried to replace the seals without the tool and had at least 1 fuel leak if not 2. I am guessing I would've had better luck not trying to replace the seals.

So I had to do the whole process all over again the next weekend. If you are going to replace the seals, I recommend getting the tool. My brother will need the cleaning done on his CC coming up and I told him he can borrow the tool for $40, so I will make some of my money back.

Also, I did not use media, and didn't get nearly as clean as the images above. I did get large chunks out and the stems are very clean, but the backside of the valves still has probably a 1/16" or so thick layer of crusted stuff on it. Even with that, it was a noticeable, I think, improvement.