GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI Market working against me...

mikent256

Ready to race!
Tell the dealer not to drill the holes, since your home state does not require it - problem solved. Personally, I'd never choose a GLI over a GTI, but I can see the appeal of one. Good luck!

Yeah I'm definitely making this decision for personal reasons even if it doesn't win any popularity contests. I'm still involved in cars, but the hobby is taking less of a priority in life as other things take center stage. Plus, I honestly liked the GLI better in terms of comfort and drive (for me personally). There is no doubt that the GTI is an amazing car. But this car "fits" me better.

I looked up a few cars in Kentucky and it seems like they don't have a Front license plate law as none of the cars I looked at had the brackets pre-installed. Then again, it's putting 350+ miles on a brand new car by someone else. (I had a nightmare of a dealer transfer, car had been hit, dealer re-painted it, transferred to my dealership and it had 12 rock chips and paint peels by the time it got delivered to me. I was livid..and therefore hesitant on dealer-transfers, let alone long distance transfers).

darkxghost

Ready to race!
get it New. I find that unless you are trying to buy an expensive, expensive car to begin with that actually justifies buying used (example: new 3 series with navi + xenons are 40k before taxes around where I live, but the same car, same year with 10k miles on it will be 35k~)

I would buy a new GTI. you get added warranty, and you don't have to be wary of problems the previous owner might have caused, etc. It's YOUR car. Just my 2 cents.

mikent256

Ready to race!
get it New. I find that unless you are trying to buy an expensive, expensive car to begin with that actually justifies buying used (example: new 3 series with navi + xenons are 40k before taxes around where I live, but the same car, same year with 10k miles on it will be 35k~)

I would buy a new GTI. you get added warranty, and you don't have to be wary of problems the previous owner might have caused, etc. It's YOUR car. Just my 2 cents.

It was a 1 yr lease for a VWoA worker (who was female, sat real close to the wheel, had a raspberry scent air freshener inside) and CPO adds an additional 24 month warranty.

Either way, sticking to a GLI now.

misaka

Ready to race!
It was a 1 yr lease for a VWoA worker (who was female, sat real close to the wheel, had a raspberry scent air freshener inside) and CPO adds an additional 24 month warranty.

Either way, sticking to a GLI now.

Did you see if they had any 2011 GLIs? and get 0% for 72 months?

Graustark

Ready to race!
You are in a tough bind my friend... I would say living in Michigan, at least you have Vernors. I had to truck back 2 cases from Costco there in my GTI when I went back for Christmas... it definitely affected fuel mileage lol.

Vernor's ginger ale? We can get that down here in Texas at the grocery store.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Just bought 2012 Base GTI w/4k miles - 21900$

On its way to Germany soon. 2 door/base/6MT RED! 1 owner sold by same dealer in Atlanta-

Last edited: