GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Financing Quote

Natalie

Ready to race!
I just got a quote today Luther VW in St. Louis Park, MN.

Package was roughly 27,500 and they wanted to finance me one for $549 with $0 down. I laughed and walked away.

They can sell them to people who want to have the best as soon as it comes out. I'll wait a couple of months and see what offers there are. Personally $549 should get you a much nicer car. Definitely not worth the price at the moment.

They also mentioned leases. The lease price they gave me was $529 36 months with $0 down. I believe they have about 6 cars.

What do you guys think about these prices? Were the MkV editions this pricy? (granted the Mk6 is running a couple thousand dollars more than the MkV).

What do you think they will fall to by May; my lease of a 2007 MkV is up then?

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
with zero down its a little high but that sounds about right. unlike you i have negative equity so i will be putting a nice down payment lol

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
For a 27,739 gti i got quotes immediately, without any negotiation, 25, 500 to buy. As for monthly payments I didn't ask, because i want to lease the car. but they discounted the car more than 2,000 dollars...

wholesome

Passed Driver's Ed
You can get the car for less than invoice price

According to the link below, you can get the car you want (GTi mkVI) for almost a thousand less than the invoice price.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car1.htm

And yes its possible. My firend got his Toyota FJ Cruiser using tips from this website and he got a killer deal!

Also check this website out to see what people in your area is paying for the car you want:

www.edmunds.com

...Happy buying.

-wholesome

Teknophreak1

I just got a quote today Luther VW in St. Louis Park, MN.

Package was roughly 27,500 and they wanted to finance me one for $549 with $0 down. I laughed and walked away.

A good rule of thumb is $20/month for every $1000 you finance. Using the 20/1000 rule, you can figure out how much of a down payment you'll need to get your monthly payment in the right range.