GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkVI GTI Bulb Reference Guide - thanks Sylvania!

if i have HID's whats the bulb for the turn signal?

Hellstorm

Passed Driver's Ed
Can I add that for the TSi, the fog bulb is HB4 NOT H8. I now have a pair sat at home doing nowt! Wish I'd taken out the bulb first and looked... :mad0259:

Called the dealership today and they said the fogs were H8s. Hope this is the case considering I've ordered 4 LED bulbs...

richierich1974

Has anyone tried to replace the taillight bulbs on a mk6 golf?

My rear taillight bulb light came on tonight, and it looks like I have to tear apart the entire rear of the car to get to the light socket?

suggestions?

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
So --- 2825 = 194/165???

so on my 2010 w/BiXenons, I can replace the city/parking light (inside the headlight shroud and DULL!) with the same bright-ass LED's i put in the markers??

DDKing13

Ready to race!
What's a good brand bulb to get that has every size needed for mk6s?
After doing some research, Philips seems to be one of the best, but they only have H7 bulbs. Not H8 (fog) or H15 (High beam)
Do the fog and high beam bulbs have a different size number that Philips might be using on their bulbs?
I would like to use the same brand on all bulbs, to ensure they're all the same color.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I still don't know what to use for H15 aside from OE. PIAA does not make a H15 bulb in their Extreme White thing.

I've used PIAA now since 2 month I've owned the car. The head light bulbs just went out a month ago with the 2 sides going out within a week of each other. After 2 years its not terrible.

engineered2win

Ready to race!
FYI sylvania must have "updated" the bulb guide and they state 7506 bulbs for brake and reverse lights, WHICH IS WRONG. I wish I had see this page first before I ordered some 1156 (1156 = 7506) LED reverse lights, which don't fit.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
FYI sylvania must have "updated" the bulb guide and they state 7506 bulbs for brake and reverse lights, WHICH IS WRONG. I wish I had see this page first before I ordered some 1156 (1156 = 7506) LED reverse lights, which don't fit.

Yes, not many people know this but the sylvania bulb guide is a generic one, not one they compiled, we actually have an updated revised version that includes the 2015 models that is better than sylvania, keep a look out for it, or if you have any questions, please contact us.

http://deAutoKey.com/contact

Thank you

pancakes

Passed Driver's Ed
Back up light = 7440

so what the hell is the correct back-up light size for a 2011 GTI?

I just pulled my burnt one out and it says E2 W21W 12V21W

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
so what the hell is the correct back-up light size for a 2011 GTI?

I just pulled my burnt one out and it says E2 W21W 12V21W

We will be honest, sylvania has many mistakes and DOES not update their information any longer due to everyone posting it all over the internet.

We have the updated bulb guide up to 2015 so if you ever have questions please let us know:
http://deautokey.com/contact

And reverse are 7440 - want the brightest, plug and play error free reverse for your car - check these out:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

Bretterson

Ready to race!

Same issue here. I didn't buy LEDs, but I did get the wrong bulbs based on the Sylvania guide. I had already opened them before discovering the discrepancy. Pretty frustrating.

I did look here first as well, but didn't know which was accurate. Bummer.