GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frame Notching??

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
What is it? Where is it notched at? Where in Vegas can it be done? Will it void warranty?

:iono:

I want to get coils and the ones I would like had reviews of people notching the car so there wasn't any rubbing/hitting/etc from axle or swaybars

please help out..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How low do you plan on going?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Honestly, don't worry about this now. Do your coil setup as you want and see you if can manage it, if you do notice a frame bang and it annoys you then do it.

It basically is a C-Notch on the frame so give extra room for the passenger side axle. Technically if noticed it would void warranty and possible a salvaged title if noticed by inspection.

So I say dial everything in and then revisit the subject.

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, don't worry about this now. Do your coil setup as you want and see you if can manage it, if you do notice a frame bang and it annoys you then do it.

It basically is a C-Notch on the frame so give extra room for the passenger side axle. Technically if noticed it would void warranty and possible a salvaged title if noticed by inspection.

So I say dial everything in and then revisit the subject.

Hey man..Thanks for this info and not being an ass like you typically run into on the forums with the "more experienced" guys that have been in the game for years...I don't have that many dub friends around here nor am I able to go to all these meets...So I don't get to see wrench time or talk shop....I have a bunch of ricers around me.Think thats why my hearing is shot

Well I guess I can wait on that

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
low enough that I probably will have to roll the fenders...low enough so I am not driving a micro machine 4x4...and able to get maybe a finger inside the gap or a lil lower

K well doesn't sound like you need a notch. Lower first then look and see if the axle bangs the frame.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
ill be getting a notch next monday... if you're going to have a finger gap, i think you will be able to get away with no notch. even if you are hitting axle on the sub frame, it wouldn't be enough to justify notching your frame... i was 24.25" ftg on coilovers and i would hit my axle every now and then. from the sounds of it, you won't even be that low, so you will be fine without the notch.

SUPER_PORKEY

MUERTE CIBERNETICA
low enough that I probably will have to roll the fenders...low enough so I am not driving a micro machine 4x4...and able to get maybe a finger inside the gap or a lil lower

You will be fine just need to roll the fenders in the front. I'm on air and ride as low as I can with 18's never hit the frame or heard a bang. If you need you fenders rolled call BCE Designs they have one.

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
You will be fine just need to roll the fenders in the front. I'm on air and ride as low as I can with 18's never hit the frame or heard a bang. If you need you fenders rolled call BCE Designs they have one.

Thanks for all the help...

jedipartsguy

ill be getting a notch next monday... if you're going to have a finger gap, i think you will be able to get away with no notch. even if you are hitting axle on the sub frame, it wouldn't be enough to justify notching your frame... i was 24.25" ftg on coilovers and i would hit my axle every now and then. from the sounds of it, you won't even be that low, so you will be fine without the notch.

Finally found the answer I was looking for. Dead thread Im sure but thanks a ton rizzogti.