GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Losing coolant.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Lemon laws vary from state to state. I know PAs are pretty terrible. Car has to be less than a year old I believe and under 12K miles or something. You also have to be the first owner.

Edit: Within one year of ownership and under 12K miles, so you don't have to be the first owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
Look into lemon law. If the same issue isn't resolved 3 times it qualifies as a lemon no?

Lemon laws vary from state to state. I know PAs are pretty terrible. Car has to be less than a year old I believe and under 12K miles or something. You also have to be the first owner.

Edit: Within one year of ownership and under 12K miles, so you don't have to be the first owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA lemon laws are pretty good but not sure if it will be covered due to the mileage and the age of the car. Keep reading up on it seeing if I need legal help or something. :mad:

And just called VW to see if I can get this covered by powertrain warranty. I doubt it, but I'll fight if that's what it comes down to.

zrickety

The Fixer
I understand you guys are sick of replacing pumps, but to lemon the car because of what is probably a bad install by an amateur tech is stupid. Do you know what is actually failng? Is it a gasket or a crack? The pump or the block?
My pump looked fine at 105k, just needed a thermostat. Your powertrain warranty should cover it to 60k and they should warranty the work another 1yr/12k after that.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Damn that blows bro. I just had my first water pump fail at 15k, hope I dont have to look forward to this every 15k. The dealer was cool with all my mods and tune thank god...

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
I understand you guys are sick of replacing pumps, but to lemon the car because of what is probably a bad install by an amateur tech is stupid. Do you know what is actually failng? Is it a gasket or a crack? The pump or the block?
My pump looked fine at 105k, just needed a thermostat. Your powertrain warranty should cover it to 60k and they should warranty the work another 1yr/12k after that.

From what I have been told powertrain warranty will not cover it. Really not sure what you are saying about an amateur tech... Two different dealerships going onto a third pump. So all the techs working at the VW dealerships are amateurs that can't replace a water pump correctly?

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
Damn that blows bro. I just had my first water pump fail at 15k, hope I dont have to look forward to this every 15k. The dealer was cool with all my mods and tune thank god...

I hope you don't have to go through this either. Replacing a water pump every year is bullshit.

zrickety

The Fixer
So all the techs working at the VW dealerships are amateurs that can't replace a water pump correctly?
Yes, and the good techs on this forum will agree with me. I brought my car in for the intake manifold, the guy 'took his time' and gave me the car with a boost leak from a loose clamp. The most basic of tasks.
I like DBESTGTI and his pump DIY is great but even he does not mention the torque specs, which are pretty important.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I tried but she is acting like it's the end of the world.

So the 2012 GTI don't have the latest water pump installed? There has been revisions for 2013 models?

There has been a revision every year... Im at 50k no issues. *knocks on fucking wood*

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
Service adviser says the pump will be covered by warranty.

I think it's just a sign, car gods telling me it's time to move on to a different car.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
From what I have been told powertrain warranty will not cover it. Really not sure what you are saying about an amateur tech... Two different dealerships going onto a third pump. So all the techs working at the VW dealerships are amateurs that can't replace a water pump correctly?

Nah man. Plenty of people on the boards here who had their wp covered up to 5/60.

zrickety

The Fixer
The guy you quoted just said they are covering it.