GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr vs Cobb

one8toh8

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you everyone, I'm going the Cobb route due to many things.

1) resale value
2) being able to just load without dyno.
3) just shear preference

Thank you for all your help and feedback everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirClimax

Ready to race!
have they fixed all their tab braking issues yet?

Only a few people experienced that issue but yes they have made the bracket more robust.

Yadadameans

Ready to race!
The new apr update will be faster but cobb has it's own benefits. Resale value, gauges that it comes with, free ots updates and protunes that are tailored to your car. People can make better power gains the APR after the protune. On the long run, cobb would be better but if youre just gonna get a tune and just be done then APR is fine

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
have they fixed all their tab braking issues yet?

I blame this on user error. If the pipe wasn't installed properly with the incorrect amount of tension applied to the pipe when screwing this down, it can happen I suppose. Not a deal breaker. Even one dude got a new intake sent to him from IE because of that. They are worth supporting. :word:

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I blame this on user error. If the pipe wasn't installed properly with the incorrect amount of tension applied to the pipe when screwing this down, it can happen I suppose. Not a deal breaker. Even one dude got a new intake sent to him from IE because of that. They are worth supporting. :word:

There was more than 1 person who had it replaced. And they will keep replacing every single one that breaks. IE made no excuses and has already made the bracket much more robust. I think it was probably a small manufacturing issue but IE has done more than enough to earn my permanent business.