GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ko4 fuel consumption

clementkk

Ko4 and full Stage 2+set up.
Intercooler, DP, KN FILTER, tires set at 38psi.
MT
Even when driving conservatively I still only get about 22mpg half and half city and highway. 15mins trip Includes 8mins of highway and regular streets in the south bay area.

What are the possible cause of such low mpg ?
I think 26-28 combined is a more reasonable mpg range .
14 gallons fill up sometimes only run me 280 miles.

Currently thinking about an updated ko4 tune , new spark plugs , MAF sensor cleaning , and maybe a new set of PSS tires .

What else could effect mpg ? I know driving style is a big part, but even if I drive like a granny , still the same .
Could it be the injectors? Carbon build up on Intake valves ?

zrickety

The Fixer
What tune do you have? Do you normally drive like a granny?? Might try some hard driving for 30 min (3k rpm or higher) aka the Italian tune up. Burn off that carbon. I average 30mpg with K04, mixed driving.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I would get under the car and begin looking for boost leaks if your maintenance is on point. It wouldn't hurt to change the plugs and gap them to your tuners specs.

clementkk

Boost leaks is possible, getting the DV+ installed soon and check for Boost leaks.
I sometimes can hear some compression surge at lower rpms like 3/4k, not very loud and noticeable, dont know why but will check for it.
I normally get back from night shift at 2a.m. so highway is all mine. Italian tune all the way home
Tune is apr ko4 tune, but the old version
Carbon buildup inside the cylinder is not really a big problem because I either drive it hard or use some fuel additives. Its the Intake valves carbon I am worried about , the car does not have a catch can

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I think you should at least hit 300mpg. I was doing log revisions on e30 k04 and still hit 320 to the tank, so I feel like 300 is a good minimum unless you drive like an ahole all the time lol.

Basic maintenance items first, spark plugs, filters (air and fuel), boost leaks. If you have a boost gauge or log ability you could always log and make sure you are hitting target numbers.

Also remember winter blend gas around this time of year may play a small role.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gino

Ready to race!
Haven't really gauged my Stratified tune MPG. When I had Unitronic K04 tune, I would get 20-24 mpg city. Coasting on the free way 30+ mpg. I drive 80mph the whole time on freeway when I can. 14 gallon fill ups and when in the red every time, would get 300-320 miles. I got a 01 TDI now so I can have a better mpg car.

zrickety

The Fixer
Might try gapping the plugs and torquing them in, could be loose.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Yeah I think you should at least hit 300mpg. I was doing log revisions on e30 k04 and still hit 320 to the tank, so I feel like 300 is a good minimum unless you drive like an ahole all the time lol.

Basic maintenance items first, spark plugs, filters (air and fuel), boost leaks. If you have a boost gauge or log ability you could always log and make sure you are hitting target numbers.

Also remember winter blend gas around this time of year may play a small role.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

320 miles to tank IS like 23mpg. So not much better really

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yea I average 28-30 mpg all day long and i'm stock turbo... unless stuck in traffic on the highway. If you have never had your carbon cleaning done... it could be that; i hear carbon buildup can decrease MPG's.

But if not carbon build up then yea, check for boost leaks, replace sparkplugs (gapped correctly) and replace coilpacks. Fuel filter is a good idea too. Clean MAF and intake cone filter. After that... it should all be on your right foot for mpg's.

adema69

Ready to race!
Thats the mpg I get when I'm on an ethanol blend (e40). I average 19-21mpg and on 93 28-30 driving normal.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i get about 22-23mpg (granted not k04). Mostly City only and i do tend to be liberal with the go pedal at times. My Mileage improved with my stratified tune over stock tune... after i got done driving around like an A-Hole.