GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 MK6 Autobahn vs 2008 Evolution X

veedubj011

Ready to race!
Yes, so far looks like the best is ARP, right?

APR. And no, they are not the best. No one can truthfully say one tuning company is better than another. Its all about preference. I personally prefer GIAC, REVO, or Uni...but thats just me.

Despite what most people say, the big name software companies are all going to give around the same results. It all comes down to who has a sale going on and what your local dealer is.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
I live in SWEDEN and one thing I can promise you, the Evo can perform on ice and snow so it will outhandle a golf on any surface, it has tons of technology in it that works excellent and has proven it self for years.

What you prefer is another thing and I respect that everybody likes diffrrnt things. For example I have owned a M5...one of the best cars ever made, but I prefer a 535 xda during the winter and better comfort so I understand. What I meant was the EVO has better performance and at least on this side of the pond much less problems.

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

Lol, I never said it wouldn't outperform a golf on ice Did I ever say that? I acknowledged the fact that it has AWD and is faster in the straight line. Some people don't care about straight line speed nor have the need for AWD. I live in a area where we get pretty nasty winters and my GTI does fine. the EVO is a GREAT car like I said before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Yah after driving the GTI, i don't think i can drive a car without all these options and comfort, no matter how sporty it is.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Yah after driving the GTI, i don't think i can drive a car without all these options and comfort, no matter how sporty it is.

Alot of people think that because it has AWD and is quicker it makes it a better car. False. I'll take a GTI or R over it any day of the week for a daily. For a race car I'll take a 911 GT3 please.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Alot of people think that because it has AWD and is quicker it makes it a better car. False. I'll take a GTI or R over it any day of the week for a daily. For a race car I'll take a 911 GT3 please.

ahahah!

Tractions type (RWD,AWD,FWD,4WD) means much but doesnt means ALL. FWD does good job in all conditions and the Gti, stock or not, could be considered in the top FWD cars for the feedback and enjoyable experience. This is what it is and AWD isnt superior, just an other experience.

To answer your question ;
APR brand as ecu tuner is probably the most popular here but that doesnt means its better that others. Whatever u take, u will be happy.

For a race car, a porsche 911 GT3 man ? !! U have some taste :)

Couldnt agree more.

gkallis

Ready to race!
gti is a gread DD i get 34 mpg on my commute to work. evo gets like 19mpg lol so everyday in this economy gti is smarter but Evo is a BEAST if i must say so lol

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I also test drove a WRX, STI, EVO and a few others. For price, comfort, performance and mpg nothing else can combine it like the GTI. All the other cars seemed to do one or two things great and the rest ok. The GTI does them all well. And you can always make it faster. At 30 yrs old, I finally had comfort and build quality on my list. All the others still have hard plastics and a subpar fit and finish compared to GTI.

It really does come down to preference, speed and AWD vs comfort, practicality and German build quality. 5 yrs ago, I go for the EVO. Man, times change!

Mevo

I also test drove a WRX, STI, EVO and a few others. For price, comfort, performance and mpg nothing else can combine it like the GTI. All the other cars seemed to do one or two things great and the rest ok. The GTI does them all well. And you can always make it faster. At 30 yrs old, I finally had comfort and build quality on my list. All the others still have hard plastics and a subpar fit and finish compared to GTI.

It really does come down to preference, speed and AWD vs comfort, practicality and German build quality. 5 yrs ago, I go for the EVO. Man, times change!

Exactly, people don't understand that... and I was the same! Until driving the GTi.
I owned an Evo VIII and IX for 8 years (6+2)... and now I'm driving an MK6 GTi... my friends don't understand how did I end up in a "slower" a German car.
Heck I even sold my Evo IX 600WHP couple of week ago....

...times change... :thumbsup:

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not everyone prefers an evo over a GTi. I was one of those guys. Drove the Evo, STI, WRX look at which one I ended up with. The only thing those cars have on the GTI is straight line speed and AWD. I like my GTI more and always have. All are great cars however some have different tastes than others.

+1

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I bought a GTI because I couldn't afford an Evo ;)

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Buy a used one ;)

Eh, I was a bit stuck up and wanted a new car haha. Anyways I think there are more intriguing used cars out there than an Evo. Porsche Cayman, BMW M3 come to mind...