GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
We can look at paper number all day, what I want to know is what HAVE you killed while stage two, plus a FMIC if you have one installed.

Trying to see what I can play with on the way home from work in a few months. :D My car will be set up for AutoX events and road courses so I dont think a K04 and beyond is needed in the next year or so.

Its humpday, lets get a convo started while we work for "da man"

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Raped an FRS when I was Stage 1. He had his girl in the car. I laughed it off.

Other than that I really haven't 'raced' anyone. Just played around with a few other friends and their Mk6's from time to time.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
FRS are garbage. I was considering one until I actually got behind the wheel at the dealer and I was like nope.... let me go try out a GTI... <3 lol.. couldn't say no to my GTI sporting the Lagunas.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
FRS are garbage. I was considering one until I actually got behind the wheel at the dealer and I was like nope.... let me go try out a GTI... <3 lol.. couldn't say no to my GTI sporting the Lagunas.

I heard that they were a blast to drive for what they are and subaru is making or atleast throwing the idea around of making an boosted STI version, plus tit for tat they make loads of power after throwing a bigger turbo, so if its true then we have another rival lurking lol ;)

its a two door and I have a kid and I think the front is ugly as sin so I'd probably never get one.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
My kill list is pretty long. Lots of stupid shit and stuff that are obvious wins, a couple good ones (that people will debate with me on), but all legit, just about 100% from a roll and not a dig unless otherwise mentioned. Almost all of these were not instigated by me either, I don't typically instigate a race.

Multiple Honda's of various flavors, only once one that was somewhat quick (98 Integra GSR)
FBO RSX-S
Multiple Dodge Avenger's
Multiple 350z's
Mustang 4.6L GT (early 00's model)
Mustang v6 (2014 model)
Challenger v6
Tuned Mini (I actually barely lost, long story but I wouldn't have if I'd have known we were racing before he blew past me)
The 06' Gen WRX
The 12' Gen STI
1st new gen (06-10) Charger R/T
6.0 GTO - He killed me from a dig, but from a roll I held dead even with him (I'll catch shit for that, but it happened).
Camaro SS - Not a "kill" because I didn't win, because I shouldn't, but I held even with him. Yes it was an SS, I talked to him after and he was really confused because he knew I shouldn't have hung with him either. From a roll I held dead even with him from 2nd - 4th when we had to shut it down (102ish). From a dig he pulled 1 car and then I held even with him through 3rd. He thought I was driving a rabbit, legit confused and made a lot of this face once we stopped :eek::confused:
Stage 3 Focus ST - 280whp/360wtq on E30. I'm friends with him, I know all his specs.

I'm sure I'm forgetting others, there have been a ton. My car runs hard, I can't have run into that many shitty drivers...No, I don't have DSG advantage either.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Anyone with a 1/4 time on a stage 2 alone. my stage 1 DSG ran a consistant 14.5 (which I was not pleased about..) on a hot day and shitty launches.

I ran a srt charger (1st gen) from a light, light roll off from the light so i guess you can say like a 15-20 roll and held with him (barely) until middle of third then he walked me, we got to the next light and he was like WTF you got in there?!? I just told him it was boosted lol and he gave me the thumb of approval, plus he was a cop, off duty non-police charger, from another parish... (county if your arent from louisiana)

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
I guess it does lol. I used to not want a vette at all, but the older I get the more they look appealing (c6's) Im not too fond of the new ones rear end

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
8th gen SI when stock
A friend's modified FRS when stock
350Z when stage 1
06 gen Charger R/T when stage 2
08 gen Challenger R/T when stage 2
An outback that tried to aggressively pass me this morning.
I got spanked by an F80 M3
I don't race much.

Last edited:

squall

Ready to race!
I guess it does lol. I used to not want a vette at all, but the older I get the more they look appealing (c6's) Im not too fond of the new ones rear end

Yeah, They are amazing vehicles. This is my second one. The great thing about them is reliable power. A few bolt ons and you're running mid 11's @ 120+. It's like going for a stroll in the park for the car. To do the same in a GTI you need to max out a k04 (maybe) or run a gt30 and the odds on it lasting like a mild bolt on vette are not in the vw's favor. its just not a racecar.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Right, thats why Ive changed my route to road courses and autoX, you dont need alot of power to dominate lol

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
8th gen civic si

Previous gen, same motor as current, STI

Previous gen R/T Charger

Previous gen V6 genesis coupe

Scion TC

Cobalt SS S/C

Acura RSX-S

Nissan 350z - lower revving engine

Hemi 300c

Several SRT4's

Previous gen wrx

Modded f150 raptor

90's Z28 with some bolt-ons

9th gen civic si with Vit tune and intake

Late model impala ss

The riced out version of a g6, gxp?

Late 80's 5.0 stang

I've lost track honestly. Have APR intake, TBE, intercooler, stage 2 tune, and DSG reflash. Car trapped 103.5 on all-seasons and that was my first time going to a strip. Best time was a 13.7 and that was with a half tank of gas, full interior, spare, and 93 octane. Can't remember if I had the intercooler then.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I had a good 2nd/3rd gear pull to 80 against a cadillac cts. It must have been the 2.0t. It was pretty close, but he couldn't keep up.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
The element of surprise really helps out our cars. My dad has a full bolt-on/KPro RSX-S with a tune that he's currently rebuilding, putting a comptech supercharger on, and getting Vit tuned. He knows his cars and obviously mine. The only honda that's been able to keep up with me. Pre-supercharger if you rev the shit out of a K20 built right you can do some damage up top.

I keep my car stealth. Other than blacked out badges and black wheels she looks stock. I painted my APR exhaust with black header paint, except the chrome tips, to hide the obvious change. From behind unless you really know our cars it looks stock. No drone even if it has shitty packing, only loud as hell when I'm walking away.

Last edited:

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Revo Stage 2 Mk VI
Revo 2+ Mk V
S 2000
8P S3
Opel Superboss on Semi's (at the strip)
Revo1 ED 35
GSX 650 (on a very high roll - like 100 mph passed 155mph)

I thought I raced a lot (seems not :(