GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The friggen F23T (videos)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I wonder what the base f23 file dyno'd, I haven't found one anywhere.

I'd hope what Eurodyne uses as a base file is what Rotary ended up with on his last 91 octane dyno:

This was "revision 4" of tuning at AU, 25psi peak. Note: That dyno IS NOT with the current mixed flow F23T. I think the mixed flow design would make the dip between 3000 and 4500 a little rounder as that's surge territory.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I'd hope what Eurodyne uses as a base file is what Rotary ended up with on his last 91 octane dyno:

This was "revision 4" of tuning at AU, 25psi peak. Note: That dyno IS NOT with the current mixed flow F23T. I think the mixed flow design would make the dip between 3000 and 4500 a little rounder as that's surge territory.

Oh, awesome man, thanks for the info. I wonder what that would also do on 93 oct?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
If I ever find a dyno shop willing to return an email or call other than AU which is literally half a continent away I may be able to tell you what the base file dynos at with 93 octane.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've called/emailed every place I've found that is a Eurodyne dealer or is at least used to working with VW within a 12 hour drive and not a single response. I never thought finding a Dyno tuner would be hard, but I'm happy that the option is there when I do find one. I've been considering driving down to Fast Enough Performance in KY they're closest to me, but I've heard less than great things about them and I sort of feel like if a phone or email inquiry can't be returned do I even want to do business with them...but since it's been no less than 12 shops I've contacted it may just be me lol!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I would just call up and not say you want tunning but you were wanting to do some dyno pulls to see what power it makes.

Then how they handle your time at the dyno day see if you would want to tune with them.

The closest place i trust to dyno tune my car is like 4 hours away (The people who tunned RGT23? or whatever his name is...

There is a shop about a hour away who can probably do it but i dont really like them that much as i have heard some bad stories. Then there is another shop about an hour and a half away but i dont know if they are familiar with Euordyne as they mainly tune JDM.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've called/emailed every place I've found that is a Eurodyne dealer or is at least used to working with VW within a 12 hour drive and not a single response. I never thought finding a Dyno tuner would be hard, but I'm happy that the option is there when I do find one. I've been considering driving down to Fast Enough Performance in KY they're closest to me, but I've heard less than great things about them and I sort of feel like if a phone or email inquiry can't be returned do I even want to do business with them...but since it's been no less than 12 shops I've contacted it may just be me lol!

I'd wait and be patient, there will be remote tuning likely coming from a lot of places soon.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Only down side to remote tuning is that you're maxed out at seeing around 21psi sending logs.

Not that I need it but it would be nice to have programming for a 3 bar so the car could actually see higher boost.

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure I'll find someone, I was actually hoping maybe they would offer Dyno tuning at SoWo or H2Ofest but I'm guessing if there are Dynos there it will either be APR or Uni and they probably won't tune ED lol but I'm not stressing it. I'm happy with the car and honestly I've been really thinking hard about doing an AWD conversion. I'll have the facility as soon as it warms up and I can get my concrete poured, but I'm not sure I'm up for the task yet... But that would definitely warrant a new tune so I've got plenty of time. I'd assume for me that would be a 2 year process

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Only down side to remote tuning is that you're maxed out at seeing around 21psi sending logs.

Not that I need it but it would be nice to have programming for a 3 bar so the car could actually see higher boost.

I thought I read in your thread that the 3bar map had been ruled out as beneficial for tuning purposes? That may have been a post from DM though there was a few posts that IMO equated to a pissing test between the tuners though so that may have been caught up in that set of posts.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

FWIW, here's a dyno from our Dynapack with our MK6 GLI dev car using our Stage 2+ SW, Borg-Warner K04, DV Relocation Kit, Intercooler, Turbo-Back, and Intake using 93 octane. Just for comparison sake.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im not the best dyno map reader but John that does look pretty nice.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
John, have you seen the f23 dyno video I posted on the Uni file ? Came out to 306/338 iirc on 91 same dyno from autuning. There's a lot of power to be had with the mixed flow, and even more torque. This isn't a pissing contest, what I mean is with no tweaks, that kind of power imo is good as a base.