GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark plugs and red tops

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
NGK BKR8EIX+Red Coils worked wonders for my K04 setup. I used the 7SEGs that came with my kit and I was misfiring like a mofo. Plus a LOT of timing pull.

Went to 8EIX plugs, and all timing pull was gone, and i was getting smooth timing advance, but a bit of shudded on low end. Switched to Red Coils, and all is well! Almost 10k kms on this setup and I'm happy!

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
NGK BKR8EIX+Red Coils worked wonders for my K04 setup. I used the 7SEGs that came with my kit and I was misfiring like a mofo. Plus a LOT of timing pull.

Went to 8EIX plugs, and all timing pull was gone, and i was getting smooth timing advance, but a bit of shudded on low end. Switched to Red Coils, and all is well! Almost 10k kms on this setup and I'm happy!

I am having a slight cold start misfire, not once warm, so I'm fearing I may need carbon cleaning at only 26k miles. I suppose much of it is my fault for driving the car to easy.

Who has done/does their own carbon cleaning? I don't care about the cleaning part, I just hate to take the manifold off. Seems like that's the worst part of the job.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if NGK makes red coils for our cars? I could of sworn I saw it somewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
I am having a slight cold start misfire, not once warm, so I'm fearing I may need carbon cleaning at only 26k miles. I suppose much of it is my fault for driving the car to easy.

Who has done/does their own carbon cleaning? I don't care about the cleaning part, I just hate to take the manifold off. Seems like that's the worst part of the job.

Its a bitch to do. And you HAVE to take off the manifold to access the valves. Make sure u dont mess up the sensors on the manifold when you take it off, particularly the TGV motor/ball..